Cornerstone Editor not loading a page well

Hi,

Have tried turning off caching plugin, have cleared browser cache, have checked versions of cornerstone and x theme. Trying to open a page, but all the contents wont load completeley. Some text and images are missing (only in editor) but they are present in live site. Its just that they wont load in editor so I have no way to edit :slight_smile:

Thanks so much

Hey @Tore_Lande_67,

The issue could be a result of low memory. Please contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Sometimes, downgrading or upgrading the PHP version in this situation. Please contact your host also to downgrade PHP to 5.6 or upgrade to 7.1 or 7.2.

It is important that you test if the issue persists each time your make those changes. If you have already tried what I recommended, please give us WordPress Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

Thanks, I have done both but the issue still persist, here are the logins

Hi There,

Could you please tell us which pages are not working?

I’ve just tested your home page and also create a test page, both of them are working fine:

Please also try testing a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, please test the same home page again, and open the preview to the front page. If you scroll down you will see that the edit version has lost some of the photos and text. You will see that its different from the front version:

Ps. Before this happened I tried inserting a template into the page and deleted it afterwards. After that it never loaded the same again

Hi There @Tore_Lande_67

When I have switched Skeleton mode on Cornerstone, I was able to see those elements.

You need to check your elements to see if you have any HTML syntax issues, for example any missing closing tags etc. If not, try deleting those elements by switching to Skeleton mode, save the changes and then try adding them again.

You can switch to Skeleton mode by clicking on the highlighted icon below.

Thanks!

Hi Thai,

Thank you for your advice above. Would like to kindly ask if the image of our website and link can be removed from your comment as we are hoping to keep our work confidential? Thanks so much

Hi There,

Thanks for the advice, I have tried doing what you said and realized the faulty rows are the problem. Once I move elements into a new row they are now visible. Would like to ask how do I avoid this? Thank you

PS. Would like to ask if its possible you remove all images and links to our website as we hope to keep it confidential? Thank you

Hi,

It could be that your row was set to be visible only in mobile.

You can check visibility settings under Row Element > Customize Tab

To be able to see those elements, you can click on the mobile button on the lower left.

With regards to your images, I have set this whole thred to be private.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.