Cornerstone editor not loading (01/11/2019)

Getting the spinning wheel of no progress.

I have been looking around the forum for solutions. I have cleared cache, set PHP memory limit to 512MB, PHP version is 7.3, on the latest versions of WordPress and of Pro.

These are the errors I get. All seem to be related to Pro.

Please help, thank you.

Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out.

There is error coming from cs-vendor which is Pro related, but it could be caused by other scripts errors. Not all of that are from the builder, it just happens the error when you’re accessing the /pro/ URL (hence displayed PRO). Example, it says product-courses here instead of pro.

For now, please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript, and templates.

And upon initial checking, I saw two possible causes. One is the optimization, I see that all scripts are loaded with defer, example

So please deactivate all possible optimization you have there including cache, Jetpack, CDN, defer related optimization and so on. The defer loading affects the loading order of the scripts, which sometimes breaks the dependencies of the script like causing the library loaded very late than the script that requires it. It’s good for optimization, but if you don’t manage and set it correctly then it would cause issues, like use it with a combination of minification so the scripts aren’t apart, and so on.

The second cause is Woocommerce geolocation with the cache. Please go to Admin > Woocommerce > Settings > General > Default customer location and set it to anything except for Geolocate (with page caching support). You can verify it by checking your sites URL without ?v=xxxxxxxxxx . If it’s not there anymore then it should good.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Rad

Thank you very much, deferring the load of the JavaScript was the issue.

Regards.

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.