Cornerstone editor not functioning, preview not loading

Hi,

For awhile now when I try to load cornerstone it give me an error message, but if I click “Try again” it has always loaded fine on the second try. That stopped yesterday and I cannot get in no matter what I try. The preview loads in the background behind the error box but when I click on “Try again” it disappears and will not load. The error box says that the problem may be due to a plugin or caching, so I disabled some of the plugins I am using on the site and it still doesn’t work. I use WP Super Cache so I went through and deleted all caches and my browser history and I still can’t get in. I’m lost. I’ll provide my login details if needed. The page is www.westernseptic.com/western-septic-excavation.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Make sure that you’re running PHP v5.6.x or v7.1.x to avoid incompatibility issues. Check your PHP memory limit (256M is minimum and 512M is recommended).

Also check PHP max execution time and increase it to 300. Then try testing your site and see if that helps.

Thanks!

Thank you. As soon as I figure out how to do all of that I will check it. I did update PHP to 5.6.3 but it still isn’t working.

Hi there,

Thank you for your message. The PHP Memory Limit should be at list 256MB or higher.

To check your PHP memory limit kindly install this plugin. Then go to Dashboard > WP-Serverinfo and search for PHP memory limit.

If you need to increase the memory limit you need to follow the steps below:

Another test that comes to mind is to clone the page in question using the Template functionality of the Cornerstone:

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-layout/122/1 (Read the template part)

Kindly add a test page and use the created template to load the same elements there and save. See if the problem persists.

If you still experiencing the problem kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress Dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.