Cornerstone Editor Not Displaying Previews

Hey guys, I’ve been using this theme a while and I suddenly ran into this issue. It happens in any browser. I can edit objects in the Cornerstone editor, I just can’t see any of the sections, they just appear to be loading, forever.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Hi There,

As I don’t have access to your site, I would like to suggest you few troubleshooting process to check if the issue will resolve.
Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

I wasn’t able to resolve the problem following the steps above. Could you take a look?

Thanks!

Hello @rsellick,

Thanks for sharing login details.

I opened couple of pages in Cornerstone and they all seems to be loading fine on my end. Here is a screenshot. https://cloudup.com/cBw-HgN8EpW

Please try clearing browser cache and then open the website again and see how it goes.

Thanks.

Hello! Thank you for looking into that.

Cleared the cache in my browsers, and the problem is persistent across Firefox and Chrome. I even checked on a different computer.

I looked at that page “Community”, and that page appears fine.

Can you take a look at the Home page from Cornerstone? That seems to be where I’m mainly having the issue.

Thanks again!

Hello @rsellick,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

I checked the home page and can confirm that classic elements are not loading up. I installed wp server info plugin to see the hosting configurations and they all seems to be fine.

Upon opening the home page I see following error message in chrome dev tools.

Error: Failed to execute 'setAttribute' on 'Element': 'services”' is not a valid attribute name

Can you please try to deactivate and delete Cornerstone from Plugins > Installed Plugins, doing so won’t delete the pages and contents. After that visit X > Validation and Cornerstone should get automatically installed. Please see if Classic elements are loading or not.

In case you want to edit contents, you always have the option to edit in Skeleton Mode. It’s just that you won’t be able to see the preview inside builder.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Thank you for the help!

I just tried that, still no luck. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi There,

This issue seems to be a caching related as I was able to edit your homepage (see secure note).

On your browser inspector, switch to the network tab and then make sure to check the disable cache options and try editing your page.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Thank you,

The problem was that the preview for all the elements have a “loading” animation on top of them. I can still edit, it’s just really difficult having all the previews not working (see the image above, it’s still doing the same thing).

I believe this started after I updated the X theme recently. These are likely “Classic” elements.

Are “Classic” elements no longer responsive to the preview window anymore?

Regardless, I tried what you said, and cleared my cache again. No luck.

Hello There,

I am another staff checking in this thread. I edited one of your pages to test Cornerstone and there seems to be a preview timeout and a JS error on the page. Would you mind providing us your ftp details so that we can check the theme files and investigate this issue further?

Meanwhile, did you already increased the PHP memory limit? ​We always recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

I’m looking into the FTP credentials, I don’t know them off hand.

The memory allocated to PHP is exactly what you have there. I already updated that some time ago. This issue started when I updated the theme. It seems to not like previewing classic elements

Hi there,

Yes, please let us know once FTP is available.

I also checked and cloned the content and I’m able to reproduce the issue. But looks like related to performance, editing one element fixes/reloads the preview and it works.

Thanks!

It seems this issue is only happening with my Home Page, and you’re right, when you make a change to the page it fixes it somehow. I’ll just work around it for the time being. Thanks!

@rsellick okay, you are welcome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.