Cornerstone editor loads pages but wont enter edit mode

After running all of today’s updates I am unable to edit any of my pages using cornerstone. All of my pages are visible under content, the individual pages will display when selected but entering editing mode is completely unavailable and results in the cornerstone logo remaining on the screen once the ‘edit’ page has finished loading.

I have attempted to add to the wp-config file, define WP_Memory_limit and WP_Max_memory_limit. I have also disabled the Total Cache plugin which seemed to cause problems for others.

Hello @EpicRevival,

Thanks for asking and sorry for the trouble you are facing.

Please try out following solutions:

1. Have you tried testing for plugin conflict? Please deactivate all the plugins except Cornerstone and then see whether or not builder is loading. If it’s loading then you know plugin is causing the problem and you can reactivate one plugin at a time to narrow down.

2. In your browser console, do you see error message related with Cornerstone endpoint? Recently we have seen that for preventing cornerstone-endpoint from loading thereby blocking Cornerstone from saving/functioning correctly. If you could contact your host and they should be able to whitelist the Cornerstone endpoint and get this working.

3. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195.

4. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

5. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

6. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

7. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

8. Contact your web host to increase your allocated memory or add this code to your wp-config.php
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If nothing helps, give us website login credentials in a secure note for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

I ran through the plugin tests as you suggested and the conflict appears to be with a WooCommerce plugin, specifically ‘Paypal powered by Braintree Gateway’.

edit: after chatting with WooCommerce support they think that the problem is specifically Braintree conflicting with the Cornerstone

Glad you’ve found the cause of the issue. It would be best that you try out a similar plugin or contact their support to investigate which file of their plugin is conflicting with Cornerstone.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.