Cornerstone editor is not working

Guys,

I was working on my website when it wasn’t published to my public URL and the editor was epic. Then after launching the website, I got this issue:

• The editor is not working , just showing the loading circling in the middle of page without any update.

Please help

Hi there,

It might be that the site was not correctly migrated. Have you checked out Migration guide page? It contains a lot of info about how to migrate the site so that Cornerstone will still work seamlessly.

Let us know how it goes.

Actually it’s a new website built with cornerstone from scratch. It was working in the beginning but I don’t know why I can’t edit the pages anymore.

What to do?

the website linked to the live domain so this problem happen.But how to fix it

I noticed the following:
1- I did restore the staging URL for the website: 27.54.86.177/~digipalc/flexo/ , cornerstone working fine!
2- Then I linked it to the live domain flexo.levetrina.com, the website is working perfectly but cornerstone is not opening the editor and just showing the loading circle.

What to do?

Hey There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

All the best!

Kindly, find the details below

Hi there,

Thank you for providing the login information. I double checked the website and found out these 2 errors:

The first error is related to the nonce verification. Wordpress does have a way to secure the access to the website with a unique stream of characters called SALT. That value can be set in the wp-config.php file of your Wordpress installation root.

There seems to be a problem regarding that and you need to change the SALT of your website and you will need to reset it. To do so kindly read the article below:

The second error is 500 Internal Server Error which can be caused by several reasons and the message does not give us enough information. You will need to contact your hosting service provider and ask them to check their error log and give you the actual error which is happening internally on the server so that we can have a better understanding of the problem.

The common problems which throw that error are:

• Bad file/folder permissions. To make sure the permissions are correct kindly read this article:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions

• Bad settings for Cache plugins:

Sometimes cache plugins try to minify the assets of our theme which makes problems as we already do minify the assets. You will need to go to the plugin settings and exclude minifying of the theme related CSS and JS files or avoid using that specific plugin altogether.

• mod_security rule settings of the hosting service provider. You will need to contact your hosting service provider and ask them to exclude the Cornerstone URLs from their mod_security rules.

Hope I could tackle the most common possible causes that might be the reason Cornerstone is not showing on your website.

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply and I will investigate about it.

BUT

The weird thing is that , why I have to check all these things while if I shifted my website to the old URL the cornerstone will work !!! The issue is clear but I can’t solve it, you are the makers of the theme so, you should know more about this matter when the user shift the website from staging to production URL.

I will get back to you once I have more info.

I tried to change SALT Keys but nothing happened.
Also, I found these errors, is it related to it?
Check here https://snag.gy/qpr2CZ.jpg

Hello There,

You can ignore those 404 map file errors, the developer console expects those file to be present for debugging purposes. They are only active when of course if your developer console is open, it can be turned off OR turned off by default in other browsers, but in Safari, there is no such option so you would often see them.

I tested Cornerstone in your site. I edited all of your pages. I made a few changes and I was able to saved it.

Did you have resolved the issue already? Kindly let us know.

Yes, I resolved this issue through the hosting company. It was PHP issue. They did update the PHP from 5.4 to 5.6 and it is now fixed.

Hi @180degrees,

Happy to hear that.

This PHP issue is forwarded to our developers and staff so that it will be noted.

Thank you so much. :slight_smile:

I might be having the same issue. If I was to contact the hosting company what would the PHP need to be in order for the spinning load circle to be corrected for Cornerstone? 5.4 to 5.6?

Hi There,

You need PHP 5.6 and above.

If you are still facing issues, please open a new thread explain your situation and provide your URL.

You also can test for plugin conflict by turning off all third party plugins.

Thank you

I have an update about my issue.

I did move the website to another hosting and under different domain. The website is working perfectly but when I access the cornerstone to edit the pages, the page showing no preview of the page. What I have to do?

1 Like

I did disable Autoptimize plugin and the editor is working now.

Hi,

Glad to hear that.

Just note that when using Autoptimize, you need to exclude the themes js files from minification as they are already minified by default.

These are the files you need to exclude

wp-content/themes/x/framework/js/dist/site/x-body.min.js
wp-content/themes/x/framework/js/dist/site/x-head.min.js?
wp-content/themes/x/framework/js/dist/site/x-icon.min.js
wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/js/dist/site/x-body.min.js
wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/js/dist/site/x-head.min.js
wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-body.js
wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-head.js

Thanks