Cornerstone Editor Error Mix with VC

Hi there,
I have a problem in Cornerstone page editor because in some pages, when i try to edit, there is a big chaos, with some VC blocks.
I think there is a mix between Cornerstone and VC.
In fact in the edit post in dashboard appears a VC modul, that should not be there, that was automatically added to the edit.
I can see this mess up only when i edit with Cornerstone, and it’s not visible on the published pages.

Can you please be so kind to assist me with this? I don’t want to risk to modify the pages, losing everything.
Thanks in advance, looking forward to hearing back from you.

Hi @Giuligiuli,

Thanks for reaching out.

It’s not possible to mix the two, the implementation is different. Once you use each, it will discard the content/change of one another (editor shortcode contents). Would you mind providing a screenshot of what you’re getting?

Or are you originally made your content in VC and just seeing some shortcodes? If yes, please go to Admin > WPBakery Page Builder > General Settings and turn on the Legacy X Integration option.

Thanks!

Hi there,
thanks for your reply.
Below you find some screenshots…

The Legacy X Integration option was already turned on.

Please adivse how to solve it, because :

• if we delete the vc module, seems that the content/page is empty
  • if we save in the cornerstone editor don’t want to mess these up

Thanks a lot

Hi There,

In which editor/content builder your pages is built in the first place? Please continue editing your page on that editor and ignore the other, on your screenshot above, it seems VC is just showing the shortcode content of that page, not really an issue if you did not build your pages in VC.

If your pages are built in VC, please deactivate and delete your current VC version, then reinstall it from X > Validation > Extensions this will make sure that your VC is the latest compatible version

Please to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.