Cornerstone editing issue

Hi,

I’m having troubles with cornerstone receiving this error when trying to edit some pages

The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.

I’ve tried to fix with what I’ve read on other threads in this forum but have had no luck.

Can you please help? Need to sort this out ASAP

Hi Dean,

Thank you for writing in, but I was not able to replicate the issue on my end, I was able to open a couple of your pages in Cornerstone with no issue.

Is the issue only happening to specific page? Which page? Try clearing your browser’s cache or use the incognito/private mode of your browser.

Cheers!

Hi ,

It was the events and gallery pages I was having trouble with.
Tried the cache, private window etc but no luck so far!
Any other suggestions?

thanks

Hi !

I’ve got a big issue with Cornerstone too.

I tried cache, i updated WordPress and Theme X/Cornerstone…

When i want to edit a page or article, it’s charging, charging, charging but nothing happens

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance

Hi

I also have an issue with Cornerstone. Custom CSS is behaving oddly and I can’t get padding info in the control panel for any pages/posts.

Please can you resolve.

Hi @ftedaldi,

Did you try with the following steps yet?

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If it still doesn’t work, I would recommend that you create a staging site. This is very useful because you can test drive any theme updates in the staging area, do the customizations and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

Then kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress
staging dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

@lfBWP0608, please create a separate ticket and provide more information about your issues.

Thank you.

Anyone had any luck solving this? have tried what I’ve read here & other threads but unfortunately haven’t been able to get rid of the error & be able to edit my site.

Hi Dean,

I can’t access your site, I’m getting 508 Resource Limit Is Reached error (see screenshot below). Please contact your hosting regarding this error.

If you have not already, please do the method #7 provided by Thai above.

Thanks,

Hi,

Sorry was in the middle of a backup, can you please retry?
Its the Events & Gallery pages specifically I’m having this issue with.

thank you

Hi There,

It seems to be an issue with the Classic Section, but I can not replicate the issue on my end though.

Please remove the Classic Section on the Events page and re-add your Essential Grid.

I did go ahead and did this to the Gallery page and it works fine now.

Cheers!

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated!

You’re welcome, glad we could help,

Cheers!

Also I’m having difficulty with button links opening in new tab, can you tell me where I’m going wrong?

[button type=“flat” shape=“square” size=“large” href=“URL” target=“blank” title=“Example”]BOOKINGS[/button]

Thanks

Hi Dean,

That shortcode works on my end, it opens up the link in a new tab. There could be an unclosed <a> anchor tag with target="_blank" somewhere on your content, please check.

If that did not work, please create a new thread regarding this issue, as this one is getting longer and not related to the original issue.

How To Get Support

Thank you,

Yep that worked! Thanks for your help!

You’re welcome. Glad we could help.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.