Cornerstone editable sidebar

Hello Apex Team,

i have a question regarding a sidebar which is editable with cornerstone. So what i’m thinking about, is there an oppurtunity to create a page, parted into two areas, one main content area and a sidebar which is also editable with cornerstone. I’d like them to be independent from each other. Or is it possible to use a widget sidebar where i create everything with HTML?

All the best,

Michael

Hi Michael,

You create add a section to your page, then split into 2 columns: 2/3 + 1/3

After that add the Widget Area Element to the right column:

Creating sidebars guide: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/features-unlimited-sidebars/95

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help but one question remains: if i add additional rows which i need for good content segmentation wouldn’t that mean that my next row would start below the end of the widget area? Which in this case probably would lead to a big gap that i don’t want? What i’m looking for is a solution in which the content area and the sidebar can be independent from each other. What is the solution for that?

All the best,

Michael

Hi Michael,

Would you mind clarifying more on what do you mean by having a content area and a sidebar independent from each other? If you have created a section with two columns in Cornerstone, the right area can be the main content area and the right column where you add the widget element can serve as your sidebar. But if you add a new row below it, the row will start to display below the longer column above it.

Hi Jade,

with independent i mean excatly what you’ve said in your last sentence. I don’t want to start the new row below the longer column because then there will be a gap. I’d like that the sidebar and the content area on the left are free from each other, and that the sidebar hasn’t got any effect on the main content area no matter how long the content in the sidebar is.

All the best,

Michael

Hi @l_eckardt,

To answer your question, yes, the new row will be added in under the widget element that you created. It’s not actually a sidebar, it still just a column with the widget in it, hence, it works the same as other elements.

How about utilizing the global blocks? Create two columns in your page (left column for content, and the right column for widget element as the sidebar). Then use Global blocks to create your content (nest structure and whatever content you need to add), then add the global block element on the left column. The content is coming outside of the current page.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.