Cornerstone During Website Migration

Dear Support,

I am using multiple licenses of the X Theme Pro. Now I am developing a new version of a website for a client who is currently using a different theme.

The question that came up for me is: is it possible to install Cornerstone now and migrate pages into the page editor - and then switch the theme once all the pages are updated to the new page builder?

Meaning: I don’t want to buy a separate license of the Cornerstone editor, I just would like it first (without actually having to install and activate the whole theme now).

Thank you for your continued support,

Chris

Hello Chris,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please note that the bundled Cornerstone version may not work properly with different themes as it integrated to work with X Theme. Wherein the standalone version of Cornerstone is designed and developed to work with 3rd party themes. As for designing page layouts first using bundled version of Cornerstone while X Theme is activated and then switching the theme will have compatibility issues and as I said earlier that bundled Cornerstone designed to work with X Theme not as a standalone plugin. If you are going to use 3rd party theme then in that case going with standalone Cornerstone makes a viable proposition.

Thanks.

In simple terms: there is not an intermediate way for the scenario I am describing and we either have to migrate outright, or use the standalone cornerstone and stick with the theme.

I was hoping that it might be possible to get access to the standalone version of Cornerstone for a developer license for a month during the transition and then upgrade the whole site to the X Theme Pro with the integrated Cornerstone.

That’s not possible at all? I am willing to test if it’s not something that’s officially supported.

Hey @cspiegl,

Yes, it is not possible because Cornerstone is integrated in Pro and it is called the Content Builder. If you disable or will not use the Pro theme, you can’t use the Content Builder. If you need to test Cornerstone with other themes, you will need to use the standalone version available in CodeCanyon.

Thank you for understanding.

Too bad but ok, then I will have to find another way to do the migration easier.

Thanks for the quick replies.

You’re welcome. By the way, there is an article regarding migration at the technical level (Not license related) that may help you in the future:

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.