Cornerstone drag and drop issues

Hi. I’m new to this website creation and I seem to be having problems dragging and dropping things in cornerstone. It says ‘‘just getting started, add section then click on it to manage’’. When I add a section it doesn’t show on the preview but only in the skeleton mode. I can’t seem to add anything in that actual shows up. Is there something I am not doing properly?

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

Can you please send us your website details in a secure note so that we can have a look what exactly happening in your site.

Before that please check this following thing for any possible issue.

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
    All the best!

how do I send a secure note. Also where do I find the htacces file? I tried the WP Memory limit thing in my cpanel file manager on bluehost but that didn’t seem to work. My website isn’t even launched or published yet as I only signed up 2 days ago

Hi There,

check this article, how to send a secure note.

Thanks

I sent the secure note from the top of my thread as that seems to be the only place I can do it from

I accidentaly deleted cornerstone after watching a YT vid on how to fix claiming that deleting and reinstalling will fix, I Where do I reinstall cornerstone from, where do I get the plugin files?

got cornerstone back by reactivating the theme, did you get my credentials from the secure note?

Hi There,

Thank you for the credentials but It did not work, please check. You can reinstall Cornerstone by simply navigating to X > Validation.

Regarding your drag and drop issue, can try using a different browser? We recommend Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

Cheers!

turns out I didn’t have the nameservers updated to bluehosts. So that was probs the issue and now that I have updated that it should take up to 24 hours for that to take effect. If I have any further issues I will be in touch

Cheers

Hi @Guitar_God,

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

still having issues but I just saw your post about using a different browser. I’m using Edge with duckduck go so that could be the issue

Hey There,

Most of the X/Pro theme users are using Chrome or Firefox. We do not have any issues with Cornerstone while using these browsers.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.