Cornerstone doesn't work since last WordPress-Update to 4.8.2

I’ve read about my problem a lot today, but I can’t find the solution.
My WordPress-Site with X-Theme doesn’t react, when editing with Cornerstone.
No action is applied, saving does not show any changes.
I read that the Update of the X-Theme would solve the problem, but after doing so, still nothing happens at all, when editing the page with Cornerstone.
I use the latest Version of WordPress, the latest versions of Cornerstone and X-Theme.

Please help. Seems to be a bigger problem as there are so many posts about it. Thanks.

1 Like

I am also having the same problem. I can not editing my pages.

How is the issue causing an you beef?

Can you get into Cornerstone or are you being auto-logged out?

Or is it a conflict issue?

Thanks

All I see is that I can not use Cornerstone. I only get this then my website but I can not edit anything.

I can use Cornerstone, at first it seems quite normal, but no changes are to be seen in the content area and nothings happens when saving.

1 Like

Am I at the wrong place? Or why does nobody from X-Theme react to the problems reported around here?
Sorry to be nervous, but it IS quite urgent!
So please tell me what do do with this problems.

As far as I’ve seen, it takes about 24 to 48 hours to get a response and anyone replying to your thread bumps it to the BACK of the queue.

I had a very similar Issue with the recent update.

Have you disabled all plugins and then tried? Also try firefox Developer Edition.

I was adamant that it wasn’t a Plugin issue and in the end it was VaultPress!

Also make sure the browser Cache & Server Cache is dumped and that if you have cloudFlare or similar that is off also.

The following code is needed in your WP-Config file if your sites HTTPS If its not then take out the 1st LINE (FORCE)

define(‘FORCE_SSL_ADMIN’, true);
define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );
define('VHP_VARNISH_IP’,’ADDYOURSERVER_IP_HERE’);

Hope you figure it out!

You’d only get bumped to the back if you reply to your own topic???

Damian

Hi everyone,

If you’re having a problem, please open your own thread including a detailed description of the problem you’re experiencing. Whenever issues arise after an update we would advise:

• Make sure you’re using the latest versions: http://theme.co/changelog/
  • Clear all caches (plugin, browser, etc.)
  • If you’re using CloudFlare, put it in Development Mode
  • Test for a plugin conflicts by deactivating all other plugins on your site. If the problem goes away, you can narrow down the conflict by reactivating them one at a time.
  • If you’re still having problems, open your own thread with a link to your site and a detailed description of the problem you’re experiencing. You can include login credentials by adding a secure note after the topic is opened

@roenfeldt we can followup on your issue here. Let us know how it goes with the above, and if that doesn’t help we can check your site.

So, now I tested all the above mentioned points.
The versions are all the latest, cache is cleared, no CloudFlare in use, all other Plugins deactivated.

Cornerstone shows the conten-area but the ontent itself only as a grey space withe the winding circle. nothing else is happening, I can’t change a thing.

What to do now?

Hi @roenfeldt,

In that case, we’ll have to check it directly. Would you mind providing your site’s URL and admin login credentials in a secure note? And if it’s due to internal server error, then you may want to provide FTP login credentials as well.

Thanks!

How do I supply you with those secure note? Don’t know how???

Hi,
simply click “inline reply” button below your post, that’s what they call “secure note”

Im having same issue. Just get a spinning wheel whenever trying to use cornerstone. Not been able to update pages / edit pages using it for weeks. Im not a web dev but built our site myself using X theme which has been great but now stuck. Can I pay anyone to get access to review and fix please? www.hm-network.com thanks in advance

@roenfeldt, I just checked and the builder is loading okay. Though, I fix one URL as it causes MIXED CONTENT issue due to https/http combination. Or perhaps you’re working on a different page, please provide your exact URL where the issue is.

@chrishmnetwork, one thing I noticed is the cache, it’s currently active. Plus, a javascript error from HubSpot code. Could you try disabling that if it’s a plugin, or if it’s an embed then please remove it and test it again? Make sure to back it up.

Thanks!

Hi, I don’t know, what HubSpot is.
I seen not to know, how I deactivate the cache.

And: The issue I mean is on every post i’m working on that Site. Wheter I try to post a new one or changing an older one.
For example this existing post: http://www.bmb-wuppertal.de/strassenbahn-auf-abwegen (directly in Cornerstone: http://www.bmb-wuppertal.de/x/#/content/570/layout )
I want to look it up in Cornerstone, but it ( and every other post or page on this site) only shows the “please-wait-circle”.

Hello?
Anybody looking my note up?

until recently I was a fan of x-them.

Now I have the same big problem as many others with cornerstone since updating the last version !!! Cornerstone does not work. At last I have no access on "home"side (backend). I can not change or edit any content. I`m very disapointed and upset.

This problem is very urgent!!!

Your customers expecting informations and troubleshooting for this big problem.

Has this issue been fixed? I just tried to write a post in cornerstone with latest X theme and latest Wordpress, etc. and cornerstone does NOT launch. The page just flips me back to the TEXT tab within wordpress. I am not able to launch cornerstone at all. Is there a fix for this?

Hello Guys,

We would like you to know that we have released X 5.2.3 and Cornerstone 2.1.4. It is now available in automatic updates. You can now update to this latest version. This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

And if you are using CloudFlare or may have installed a caching plugin like WordFence, W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache, please keep in mind that after doing every updates, always remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.