Cornerstone doesn't show up for page edit

No matter what page I click on to edit, the content for the home page comes up but not the Cornerstone editor section on the left.

This started when I was making some minor changes to the home page. When I tried to save the changes, there was a note saying they could not be changed. I signed off, then cleared the cache for Chrome and rebooted my computer. Then I got a 502 Gateway error when trying to access the site. I contacted the host support and he said he fixed it. That allowed me to access the site. However, Cornerstone is no longer working correctly. Not only can’t I edit the home page, but the content for the home page comes up no matter which page I click on to edit. And only the home page content shows up – not Cornerstone.

WordPress, X Theme, Cornerstone, and all plugins are all up to date. I haven’t added any plugins in ages.

The site is: www.greyhoundclubofamericainc.org

Please help. Our club has a show coming up soon and I need to update information for our members.

Just found additional problems with the site. First, no internal links work – if you right click on them they appear correct but if you click on them you just come back to the home page. Second, if you try to get to a different page on the site by typing in the url, the home page comes up.

Hi @GCA_2015,

I am able to see Homepage content when selected. Although there are preview timeouts error on console

You might need to have the PHP memory limit of your site increased.

To do this, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Here is a details article about the PHP Memory Limit that is in our Knowledge Base:

On your homepage too, I tried to click some links and they are going to the correct page on your site. Can you be more specific which link?

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly! Tech support at the hosting company told me to contact you for help. However, after I sent you the above message and went to bed, he sent me the following message:

“my server is a Plesk server and it allows a site to run on Apache, nginx, or both. Changing to nginx seemed to allow the pages to load up”

He also suggested that I ask you to “fix or edit the backend (plugins), etc. so the backend (admin) pages don’t have any old or un-needed themeco plugins? Basically, get the backend the way it “should” be, for the current version of X. that way, there isn’t any doubts, etc. and you will know X and WP are done correctly.”

I am passing that information on…it isn’t something that I have the skills to deal with personally.

Thanks again for responding so quickly!

Hi @GCA_2015,

Were you able to increase the PHP memory limit of your website? Kindly make sure to take this step first as it might solve this issue.

This link might help as it has information on how to do it in Plesk:

Let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.