Cornerstone doesn't load problem

Hello. I am running into some issues with cornerstone. When I go to edit the page I get the generic error message: The preview could not load. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing. Checking the developer console for errors could indicate what went wrong.

Origin URL: https://hsa.hr

Preview URL: https://hsa.hr/

The website in question is as stated above, www.hsa.hr

How can I fix this? I don’t know how to use developer tools.

Hello? Can someone please assist me?

Thank you.

Hello @Lomtatidze,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I checked your website and tried editing few pages in Cornerstone. I can confirm the error message you are getting at your end. Please try out following solutions and if below solutions don’t works out then please give us the permission to troubleshoot the problem. As it’s a live website, we are not allowed to fiddle with customer website without taking permission.

1. I see that you are using multiple cache plugins. Please disable optimization services and then clear cache.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

Please let us know the output of above solution. Also, please don’t bump the tickets as it pushes ticket back into the queue. We answer tickets from oldest to newest.

Thanks.

Hello. Yes, you have my full permission. The website is not yet live technically, still in editing phase.

PHP memory is at 256MB. Regarding number 1, what do you mean optimization services?

Number 2 shouldn’t be a problem as cornerstone worked fine two days ago, and since then I just installed a couple plugins to speed up the website as it was terribly slow.

However, as I am not too technically advanced, I would greatly appreciate if you could fix the cornerstone problem, as I am afraid I might mess something else up by fiddling around unknowingly, as I said, you have my full permission.

Thank you.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
I can see there are lots of JS error coming in your site when you open cornerstone.

This may be due to several reasons, One of them is plugins conflict.
Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
We can’t perform the action as we don’t know which plugin is important for the site.

Caching. If you have a caching plugin activated or any form of server side caching please disable it to test for any possible conflicts. If you have server side caching or aren’t sure if you do, your host should be able to advise of this and disable it for testing purposes on your account.

Custom code syntax error. If you have a child theme, please enable the child theme and check if the issue still exists. If you have entered any custom JS or CSS into their respective editors. Please review the code for any syntax errors. A mis-placed semi-colon or a missing bracket will cause the issue you’re seeing.

If you could please try the above and if you still have the issue we’d be more than happy to assist.
Thanks!

It seems, for now at least, that it’s the Autoptimize plugin, probably along with other optimization and cacheing plugins. This is a problem. Without the optimization plugins, due to the X theme, my website loads incredibly slowly, but if I have the optimization plugins on, Cornerstone doesn’t load. What can I do now? I need both.

Hi There,

thanks for the confirmation!

Most caching and optimisation plugins works fine with cornerstone. Not sure why this happening in your end.
Its always recommended to disable caching plugins when you are working in the site.
Active again when you done editing.

Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.