Cornerstone doesn't load options

Hi, I’m experiencing some difficulties kicking it off with the X theme:

1. When I want to access Cornerstone options and assign a menu to my footer, the site gets hung up and get 404s regarding x-menu.js and 4-5 other resources. I updated to the current version, no changes. I simply hid the navigation menu with CSS but this shouldn’t have to do anything with this issue.
  2. When I want to install Slider Revolution, I got the following error message: You do not have permission to access this document. Web server: my web server
  3. When I wanted to load the Renew 8 template, I also got an error message: Experiencing technical difficulties.

Found some resources to 2. and 3. but couldn’t resolve the issue immediately. So far, my first impression of X is definitely not great, not what I expect from a page builder (I had pretty good experience with WP Bakery Page Builder before)…

Hello Peter,

Thanks for asking and apologies for the issues you are facing.

I see that you haven’t posted website URL in the licence page so it’s difficult for me to take a closer look at the website. In that regards please try out following solutions and let us know the outcome:

1. You maybe experiencing PHP memory limit exhaustion. I would recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */
2. Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.
3. Check your PHP Max Execution Time and set it for 300 for optimal usage.
4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi, thanks for your answer. Tried all of it and none resolved the issue. Possibly some rights management with my web server?

Hello Peter,

That is also possible. Kindly check the permission of the files:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions

Let us know how it goes.

755 for root folders, 644 for all files in root.

More people seem to have this issue, searching your forum and the web. Would be great to investigate further.

Hi Peter,

The theme and the builder has no control of the server permission, and it could be random depending on host blocking it. The only solution is correcting the permission or disable any security that blocks it. It could happen to any theme or plugins and it’s something we can’t fix even if we wanted to.

I recommend contacting your hosting provider and have the permission or security issue fixed.

Thanks!

Ok, thanks for clarification, appreciate it.

Hi Peter,

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with your WordPress and FTP credentials of your site using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Let us know how it goes.
Thank you.

File permissions are fine. Would be great if you had a look.

Hi Peter,

I would like to check your website but the admin account keeps signing out when I edit your pages with the content builder:

Could you please double check on it?

Or try reseting the WordPress salt key. For more information, please take a look at this:

Let us know how it goes!

Woops, please try again now. Thanks

Hello Peter,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Can you please confirm the login details again as I am getting ERROR : Invalid username. Forgot Password? message.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.