Cornerstone doesn't load... instead it just refreshes the page

I have freshly installed and updated version of x and cornerstone installed on my site.
When I try to edit a page or post using cornerstone, it asks me if I want to leave the page. The editor is never loaded.

What can I do?

I switched to PRO and I am getting the same issue.

Everything works fine when I publish a post first. So… i don’t know what it up.

Hi there @burton,

Thanks for writing in!

Just to clarify, when you set a post to draft and try to edit with the Content Editor, the editor just keeps refreshing? When the post is published first, editing works fine?

If so, do you have any caching activated? I’ve just tested on my own install and editing a “draft” post works without an issue.

If that’s the case though, please provide WP Admin details in a secure note and we’ll take a look at this for you.

Hello There,

It appears that you incorrectly installed X and Pro theme. You are supposed to upload pro.zip and x.zip files. To resolve this issue, please login to your ftp and move the files to the correct folder path. It should be:

wp-content/themes/pro/
wp-content/themes/x/

because at the moment, your set up is in this location which is causing the issue.

wp-content/themes/pro/pro/
wp-content/themes/x/x/

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you.
oops.
I reinstalled both pro and the child theme in the correct location.
It seems to have fixed on problem I was havinf with the accordian feature not working correctly but I have still having the orignal isssue of Pro refresing the page when I click ‘edit with pro’ on a newly, ubpublished page or post.
Thank you for your time.

Hi There,

Can you give us screencast of the issue? I did check the unpublished hello post and it is loading fine and correctly. I am not sure what you meant by issue of refreshing the page. Please clarify.

If you are editing a previously published page or post it works.
If you click ’ creat a page’, name the page, and then edit with Pro, it will not work. Instead it will reload the page.
This is what is happening on my computer.

Hello There,

You must have done it incorrectly. It should be:
1.) Create a page
2.) name the page (add your title)
3.) Hit the “Save Draft” or “Publish” button
4.) Then click the “Edit in Pro”.

This has worked out for me. You can check out the test page I created.

Please let us know how it goes.

I kind of 2 other issues that may all be connected.
First, sometimes the dashboard disappears an I can’t click to edit the page. Then, I have to find a page where the dashboard is working, find the page in the page sections, then click edit.
Second, my pictures are not showing up on many devices. They show up on my computer but not on my phone or wife’s phone.

I feel like these problems are all connected some how.
Thank you!

Hey there,

Please try the following solutions:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If nothing helps, please provide FTP credentials. Please note that we might deactivate third party plugins for troubleshooting purposes.

Thanks.