Cornerstone doesn't inspect element

Hello,

I have a problem with Cornerstone. When i try to select an element, nothing happens…
When I click on a element, the inspector doesn’t show up so I can’t modify any previous created elements.

I’ve tried to reinstall the theme and Cornerstone but it doesn"t work …

Do you have a solution ?

Regards,

Hi there,

That might happen for pages that are created way back in time. You will need to add new pages if that happens to the old content.

But if it is happening for all pages regardless of when it is created then you need to follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you

I’ve done everything you listed above but it still doesn’t work…

Edit : I’ve added a secure with URL/User/Pass

Hello There,

I have logged in and I could not replicate the issue. I edited you homepage and the inspector is showing.
Please see my screenshot below:

Please clear your browser cache or use private browsing mode and test your site again.

On your screenshot, you don’t edit the “Text” block, you’ve just clicked on “Edit”

The issues comes when you click on the block. Normally, you access the editing interface in the inspector.

But here I don’t understand why it doesn’t work …

Hi there,

Like my colleague, I managed to access the Homepage with Cornerstone and clicked on the text block and edited the text with no problem. I added 3 exclamation points at the end of the first paragraph.

Please use another browser or device to check the case.

Thank you.

The problem was coming from my computer.

I’ve tested on another one and it works perfectly !

Thank you for your help.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

Hello,

I was able to find the cause of the problem.

Actually, it was an adblock sofware installed on my computer which was blocking the inspector of Cornerstone.

Maybe, it will help some people who have the same issue :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing that. Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.