Cornerstone doesn't finish loading

Hi

I’m running WordPress 4.8.1 and Theme X 5.1.1 together with Cornerstone 2.0.6.
When editing a page, the I get the spinner, but it never finishes and the console is outputting https://cl.ly/0U0L1x1L2942.

Suggestions?

Hi there,

You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi

Been trying that as first thing - didn’t make any difference :frowning:

Thanks

Hi There,

Can you try reinstalling Cornerstone? Deactivate and then remove that plugin. Then visit X home page for it to be installed automatically. If the issue persist after this, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Hi

I deactivated and then deleted Cornerstone and then went to main X page, and Cornerstone was re-installed. It now works - thanks!

Hi @Lely I am having the same issue where cornerstone will not load. I uninstalled it as per your directions above and it is still not working. I will attach my logins in a secure note below. Thanks

Hello @KimAnn,

Thanks for updating this thread. I have logged in to your site and created a test page. I could not save my changes because an error is thrown upon saving the page.
/cornerstone-endpoint 400 ()

This error is mostly related to security. Please contact your hosting provider and see if they can disable the security
Or exclude that URL and all requests (all payload related to that URL ) from your security rules.

Please let us know how it goes.

That was it!! Thank you- for anybody else having this issue I host with siteground and they said:
Indeed the issue was caused by a security rule which was getting triggered by the cornerstone editor.

Glad that you managed to fix the issue :slight_smile:

Hi both @KimAnn and @christopher.amirian

I would like a very clear explanation of how it’s possible for me as a regular user to see the secure note with all FTP details, that @KimAnn supplied? No, I am not even close to kidding, and yes, I have tested and they work.

@KimAnn, no need to worry - I am a decent guy from a decent company, so your data is all safe!

Reply ASAP, please!

Hi there @mediegruppen and @KimAnn,

The problem you are experiencing is because @KimAnn was not the original poster of this thread. The Secure Note functionality of the post is the creator of the thread and us.

So @mediegruppen you can see the information. We strongly suggest that anyone who wants to use the Secure Note functionality should be the creator of the thread. For more information:

Thank you.

Hi There,

Christopher is right, you’re seeing credentials because you’re the owner of this thread. The rule of thumb here is post only credentials (secure note) on your own thread.

Hi

I’d say to protect your clients you should disable the SECURE NOTE function when you are replying and not the owner of the thread.

Thanks

Thanks for that valuable feedback. We’ll look into ways to hide it for other users.