Cornerstone doesn't appear

I downloaded the X Theme and followed the instructions as explained. However, cornerstone does not appear in my extensions, and I not able to change anything from the website.

Could someone help me with this issue? It’s pretty urgent to have the website fixed by Monday.

Hello @isabelbonnet,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I checked your website and can see that Cornerstone is installed. However, looking at the screenshot and when you are under validation page under X Menu, you should see other options like template manager, global blocks etc. That means Cornerstone is not installed properly. Please do the following:

First, using FTP software like Filezilla navigate under /wp-content/plugins/ and delete Cornerstone folder. Next to install Cornerstone, open X > Validation to automatically install Cornerstone. Please clear cache and re-check the website.

Please take a look at following article to get started with Filezilla:

https://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/how-to-use-filezilla-with-wordpress-8956

Let us know how it goes.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried to use FileZilla but honestly I don’t understand anything… I have tried to see if by paying the Pro version it would get fixed but I’m still having tons of issues. For example, they posts and authors don’t appear in my website, the images in the grids don’t appear and I cannot change anything from the headline.

Is there any way to get my money back? This is really taking my whole time and I haven’t been able to progress at all. You can check my website: theamsterdammer.org

It is a mess.

Hi there,

Since you upgraded your license to Pro, you will have to install the Pro theme as it is a separate theme to X.

You can download the install file from your dashboard here.

Once you have downloaded Pro, you can install it from your Themes pages of your wordpress admin.

You can find more information about how to install a Wordpress theme here.

Once you have Pro installed, go to the plugins page and deactivate Cornerstone. Now, all you have to do is to activate Pro and you do not need to separately install Cornerstone as it already comes with Pro as the Pro builder.

When you open a page, you will see an option to edit it with Pro.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks for that. Is it possible to download the new theme without deleting the pages I have already done? I don’t know why but Cornerstone still looks like this for me (below) so I cannot really do anything on my site…

Cornerstone does not appear in my plugin page, it randomly appeared on Saturday, when it was no where be be seen on Friday… I don’t understand this… Also, I still can’t see the author and complete posts in my page

Hi Isabel,

Please follow our X to Pro conversion guidelines here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/x-to-pro-conversion/104).

Pro does not have Cornerstone plugin but there’s a content builder similar to Cornerstone integrate into Pro theme. So when installing Pro theme, you need to delete your Cornerstone plugin.

Hope that helps.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.