Cornerstone Does Not Work Properly

Hi, when I try to edit a page with Cornerstone the preview panel does not display. I gt an error and it takes long to load. The pages were original created with Cornerstone and I disabled all plugins and still the same issues arise. Thanks.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

​We recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

If you already did, this could be related to caching. I can see that you have installed W3 Total Cache and using CloudFlare as well. And also you are hosted at BlueHost. This hosting has a default Endurance page cache. You can disable this in Settings > General Endurance Page cache. When editing a page with Cornerstone, it is best that you temporarily disable all your caching mechanism. With CloudFlare, please make sure that you are using the recommended CF settings as explained here: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

Hello. Thank you. I did what you recommended. Disabled W3 plugin :slight_smile: See what happens now.

Upon checking, Cornerstone is working and loads fast also (see Secure Note).

yes it works now, but very rarely do I still get something not working right.

for example on the main home page it does not open for me. I have to refresh the browser for cornerstone to work.

Update: I don’t know, elements not showing up to the right on homepage and other pages as well

https://thosecrazyvegans.net/screen3.jpg

Hey There,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

Hello There,

I have logged in and checked your site. I could not replicate the issue.
Could you please provide which page you are editing which you have encounter the issue?

By the way, I noticed that you inserted a slider shortcode in a text element in Cornerstone.

Please make us of the Rev Slider element in Cornerstone or know how you can integrate sliders above and below masthead in the theme. Please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/features-sliders/97/1

Hope this helps.

1 Like

yes I am getting many issues on various pages, but it must be my computer/browsers, my friend says it works on his end as well. :slight_smile: Thanks

You’re welcome. There must be something on your end blocking and/or limiting access to your site.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.