Cornerstone does not work on home page after migration

Hey there! I migrated my wordpress site from a subdomain to the main domain. I had some issues:

1. First of all, it would be great if you provided a reliable tutorial about migration from subdomain and subdirectory. Believe me there are so many looking for a proper help. I had a look at so many, and this is just one of them, just to see what I did: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-properly-move-wordpress-from-subdomain-to-root-domain/

2. After the migration, I Cornerstone doesn’t work on home page.

3. Furthermore, is there any way to check if everything is OK with backend/php?

4. I tried to use your migration tutorial on cornerstone, but I cannot use your WP Migrate DP plugin, simply I cannot see my old subdirectory, for example I do not see wordpress.somesite.com. What I see somehow “successful migration”, i.e. just somesite.com.

I am so disappointed after a full wasted day on the migration that now consider building the website from scratch on the main directory to avoid migration issues.

Sorry for so many questions. Thanks in advance!

Hello @AlizaminJ,

Thanks for asking and sorry for the trouble you are facing.

I am taking your request and will escalate to our documentation team. Regarding rest of the queries, can you please share your website and FTP login details (url/username/password) for us to take a closer look? Will try our level best to help you out.

Thanks.

Oh, you were pretty quick! I was expecting a notification in my e-mail :slight_smile:

Thanks for a quick response! This is my first time here, so hopefully, this is what you need:

Hi there,

Please provide your website or admin login credentials as well, we need to check whats happening on your homepage too.

For the meantime, please try remigrating your site using All in one migration plugin. It works automatically including URL changes. Or BlogVault migration service, it’s much better.

Then if you’ll need to replace some text or URLs in the database, please use Better Search Replace plugin or Velvet blue plugin.

It’s all about replacing the data safely during the migration. Else, the migrated data will be corrupted.

Thanks!

You mean I should migrate back to subdomain?

Because I have already migrated to the root. The website works except cornerstone on the home page (blog is fine!)

Hello There,

I have logged in and inspected your site. It seems that the cornerstone data on the homepage were corrupted. This is the reason why you weren’t able to edit the page. Have you migrated Cornerstone data correctly? Please review this knowledge base article to know how to migrate Cornerstone and its data from one site to another. You can check it here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126/1

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

That is the thing. I used this article for migration. Do you see anything wrong in these guidelines? I think they have forgotten databases:

Hi there,

Ah, you did it manually. I recommend automatic migration like using All in one migration plugin or BlogVault migration service. With automatic migration, all files are transferred including database, it will also safely search and replace strings that are needed to be changed.

WIth manual migration, the unforeseen mistake could happen. I’m not saying automatic migration is perfect, but it can minimize the fault in the migration process.

Thanks!

What do you recommend in this case? Start from scratch, or maybe you know a way to fix it?

Hey There,

With Cornerstone editor, I would say it is much faster to do it from scratch. You can simply drag and drop elements in to the Cornerstone preview and could build the page from scratch is more viable than any other method.

Hope this helps.

Hey again! So, I build the website from scratch. Now wondering:

• I have set up child theme and activated. Now in case I want to make amendments, I have to do it through Custom --> Edit Global CSS?

• How can I change the colors of the navigation bar in your Education demo?

Hi @AlizaminJ,

Yes you could still change through your Global Custom CSS or you can use child theme style.css to add custom CSS.

To change text colors, Theme options > Header > LINKS – TEXT

To change menu background color, add this in your custom CSS:

.x-navbar, .x-navbar .sub-menu {
    background-color: #FFF !important;
}

It may not work because I could see the wordfence Cache CSS. Try to clear site cache after adding the code.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Great! it worked. Thanks!

To be honest, this child theme is a confusing topic for me in general. Now it gets even more complex. Changing global css does not mean playing with child theme while the child theme is active? When you say to use child theme style.css, you imply amendments via FTP client? For example; before you via global css, I changed the color of footer to white by

.x-colophon.top {
background-color: #fff;
font-size: 0.875em;
}
is it ok?

and one more question, how to reduce the size of spotlight on my homepage?

Sorry if I look very stupid. Hoping for your patience.

Hi,

1. It depends on your preference, you can either add your css in your child theme’s style.css or Theme Options > CSS

Just note that Theme Options > CSS has higher priority.

Editing your child theme style.css will require you to login to FTP or you can also edit via Appearance > Themes > Editor

1. To reduce the size of the image, you can add a class to your promo element.

Then add this in Cronerstone > CSS

.my-promo .x-promo-image-wrap img {
    min-width: 0;
    width: 80%;
}

Hope this helps.

Great, thank you! Just to finish this session of silly questions, what do you mean by “Theme Options > CSS has higher priority”? That’s all :slight_smile:

Hey There,

This is the order or hierarchy of the styles being applied to the page.

• X Theme Stack styles
  • Child theme’s style.css
  • WordPress Additional custom css (can be found in the customizer)
  • X Theme Options Custom CSS
  • Cornerstone page Custom CSS

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.