Cornerstone does not load new tread

I do not how to post it

[/details]

[/details]

The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.

Origin URL: https://www.millvision.eu

I think I understand it now a bit

Thanks

RadStaff

@mvbv08, please start a new thread regarding this issue and provide your login credentials in the secure note. Please don’t provide them in other’s thread for security purposes.

For the meantime, please check for the following first:

Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/1951. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/621 for more details.

Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

If you're using a CDN, please clear the CDN's cache and disable optimization services.

Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it's fixed, you'll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

Thanks.

I increased already the limit to 512

I still does not work

Please help me

Hi There @mvbv08

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this issue. First of all, please wait until our staff respond to your thread. Because when ever you add a reply to your thread, the thread will be moved to the end of our ticket queue so there will be an additional waiting time.

With regard to your original issue, please install the following plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) activate it and then head over to Dashboard -> WP-Serverinfo section.

Then check the following server configurations.

PHP Version - We recommend PHP v5.6.x or higher to avoid incompatibility issues. Some hosts allows to switch PHP versions within the hosting control panel. If not, you can contact your hosting provider and ask them to update.

PHP Memory Limit - We recommend PHP memory limit of 512 MiB. Even though you have mentioned that you have increased memory limit, please check to see from WP-Serverinfo page whether it has been increased. Some hosting providers does not allow to increase it manually, so you will have to contact them directly.

PHP max script execution time - We recommend the value of 120 or higher (300). Here’s how to increase that value (https://www.simplified.guide/php/increase-max-execution-time).

if you’re still experiencing this issue, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

Thank you for your help.

My PHP version is v5.4.45 so this is an issue I have to discuss with my hosting provider.

The memory limit is set to 512 MiB and it is changed in the WP-Serverinfo page.

For the max script execution time you have to help me because I do not understand the simplified guide. Sorry. So if you could told me which file I have to use to change the 30 sec into 300 sec and with what command you willbe helpfull for me.

Thanks in advance

Hi There,

Could you please upgrade your PHP version to v5.6 or above?

It seems you couldn’t override the default execution time value, please contact your hosting provider to increase it.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

I have made some progress. But it is still not working.

I am now waiting for my hosting provider to increase the execution time limit from 30s to 300s

unfortunately also with increasing the execution time it still doesnt work What is the next step?

Thanks in advance

Hi @mvbv08

I wonder if you run a plugin conflict test? this can be done by deactivating other plugins other than Cornerstone, then recheck this issue if everything went alright, then you can re-enable the plugins one by one till you figure out the culprit.

Alternatively, you might want to use “Health Check” plugin and enable “Troubleshooting mode”. The good thing about “Heath Check” plugin is that it’s developed by WordPress team and it only affects your logged in session so that other visitors won’t be affected.

If this didn’t help, then please provide us with WordPress Dashboard login details in a “Secure Note” so we can investigate this issue.

Thanks.

It seems a problem of firefox with safari it works now. Thanks.

The only problem I have now is that i cannot “edit with cornerstone” if I want to post

Hi @mvbv08

Glad you were able to resolve the other issues :slight_smile:

With regard to the other issue, we have introduced a role based permission system with the latest release of X/Pro themes. Please head over to X/Pro -> Settings -> Permissions section and then under your user role (Eg: Administrator), you can grant permission to access different areas such as Pages, Posts etc.

Once you set the permissions, you should see Cornerstone button to edit your posts.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.