Cornerstone does not load after update

I’ve read other posts and did all that is suggested. No plugin conflicts, or cache issues, added memory limits to .htaccess. The PHP version that is running on the site is: Running PHP version: 5.6.29. I restored a backed up cornerstone version but it didn’t function either.

This is the third site that has displayed serious problems after updating to X-theme 6.0.4 and Cornerstone 3.0.4
This problem seems to load the new loading circle and then switches to the old loading logo and then “times out message”.

I need to fix the home page of the site where background images have disappeared (that before I updated the site).
I would appreciate a speedy reply. Am not sure where I find your secure note so that I can send you the URL and a login to the site.

Still unable to load Cornerstone for the home page. The only page that is designed in Cornerstone. I have been able to create a new page to edit with Cornerstone and it loaded (regardless of PHP version). I suspect that the home page has all classic elements and is tightly formatted as per the client’s preference. Does this narrow down the options as to how to get the home page to load so that I can edit it? I really would appreciate some help here.

Hey @lexidev,

Cornerstone is compatible with PHP 5.6. I saved your home page as template and loaded in a test page I created in your site (see Secure Note). It works in the test page which means the problem is not with the elements. Please give us FTP access so we could check your wp-config and htaccess

Please also don’t bump you thread as it will be moved down the queue. If you need to add more details, please edit your first post or wait for our response.

Thanks.

Thanks for checking. And the reminder not to bump. I had to recreate the home page. Cornerstone choked because it updated from version 1.1 to 3.0.4. In the early version Cornerstone treated image URLs (classic image) as hard code and did not correct itself with the script we are using when we go live. Images were still referencing the development site! One of those things that byte in a nasty way when such errors culminate.

Hi There,

Glad you sorted things out and sharing what was the issue, but what script you’re using? Have you try the migration process we provided here and using the WP Migrate DB? If not, please try it sometime.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.