Cornerstone displays "unidentifiable error", switches to Skeleton Mode

Hi, so in the past few days or so, Cornerstone has started displaying this error when attempting to open any page in the editor: “Uh oh! An unidentifiable error is preventing the live preview from loading. Switching to Skeleton Mode.” It does this for every single page, including the home page, and including new pages. I’ve been going crazy trying to fix this, I’ve disabled every other plugin, I’ve reinstalled the Cornerstone plugin, I’ve checked the Chrome Web Inspector, nothing seems to fix it! Any assistance?

Hi There,

Please make sure that the PHP memory limit is enough to operate the website. To change the PHP memory limit please kindly read the reply below:

Some hosting does not allow users to increase the PHP memory limit on their own, so better to contact your hosting directly on how to increase the PHP memory limit effectively.

If this does not work, please provide us with login credentials in Secure Note so we can take a closer look.

Thank you.

Thanks for the response! I’ve actually already done the memory limit increase, and nothing changed. I’ve added my wp-admin credentials to a secure note on my original post! Thanks again!

The credentials is incorrect. Please check.

Please check for the following also:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

Thanks.

Whoops, sorry, just updated the note with the correct password! Everything is up to date already, I’ve cleared every kind of cache I could possibly think of, and I’ve tested it after having disabled (almost) all other plugins, to no avail. I’ve also reinstalled the X theme, and tried switching my active theme from X Child to just the X theme itself. I hope you’re able to find a solution!

Hi there,

How do we log in? Both wp-login.php and wp-admin returns 403 Forbidden.

Thanks!