Cornerstone crashes site

Hey

I have tried various methods. X -> Validation.
Deleted the Cornerstone version that the site had, and tried older version. It works for a few minutes and then crashes the site again.
The site uses php 7, I downgraded that to 5.6 instead. That did not help.

Hello @paal,

Thanks for asking and I am sorry for the trouble you are facing.

I can see that the website front end displays all shortcodes and that’s because Cornerstone is deactivated. As you have already tried deleting, reinstalling Cornerstone and problem is still there, please try out following solutions:

1. First, I see that you are using an old version of X Theme 6.2.2. Please update X Theme to latest version 6.2.5.
  2. After updating X Theme, please delete current version of Cornerstone and then to automatically reinstall visit X > Validation.
  3. In case problem is still there, test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If above solutions don’t work out then please share the FTP details in secure note. Also please give us the permission to troubleshoot as we are not allowed to fiddle with customer website without taking permission. I would like to let you know that while we are testing the website, there might be some performance and layout issues on website.

Thanks.

As we use ManageWP we did a restore but that did not help. I went into cPanel at the host and did a site restore (restored the public_html folder) and that looks like is working… I will have to check again later on.

Glad you were able to resolve it :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.