Cornerstone-Content--Save-Button produces different results on each click

Hey guys,

when I click on Launch -> Content -> Pagename (Edit), the layout of my Page looks fine.
If I change something on the page and I press the Save-Button, cornerstone says: “Awesome! Content saved”.
After that, my published page suddenly looks totally different. All Gap-Elements are gone and the page is totally scrambled. In the content editor it still looks fine. So, without changing anything, I press the save button again and again it says: “Awesome! Content saved”.
Only after the 3rd or 4th Saving-Process, the page is saved correctly.
I compared the html-code of the faulty saved page and the correct saved page and found out they are slightly different.
It seems that cornerstone “forgot” to save some of the in page styles on the first tries, especially the style “x-line”, which leads to all the gap-elements having a height of 0.
It’s totally annoying, having to save my changes 3-4 times, before it gets saved correctly.
There is no error showing up in cornerstone.
Please help, thanks.

Hi There,

Thank you for the detailed description of the issue. We need to see the issue directly to diagnose the root cause. Would you mind giving us the following information inside a secure note:

• Site URL
  • Username
  • Password
  • Page with issue.
  • Ftp server
  • Username
  • Password

For the meantime, you could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks for your quick respond.
Meanwhile I deactivated all 3rd-Party wordpress plugins, but the problem persists.

I will provide my account-details in the secure note.

Hi there,

I have tried editing the page that you have link and it seems to be saving fine as I am able to see the change the that did on the first time I saved it.

I was going to check further by logging in through FTP but the details you have provided doesn’t seem to work.

For the meantime, please try to clear your browser cache and increase the PHP memory limit of your site. You may contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thank you.

I already had the two lines inserted into my wp-config.php before. This did not help.
Please have a look inside the Secure note again, I forgot to give you the port number of the FTP.
I just tried to save the page again, and it got scrambled again. Please click on the second issue-link, before you try to save the page, so you can see how the page looks, if I try to save it.
Could this be a Browser issue? - I am using latest version of chrome.

Hello There,

I have check your page and I can confirm that there is an issue with the gap element. Please add a minimum height of 380px in your column instead. I went ahead and added the inline css.

Please check your site now.

Thanks for finding a wokraround. Does this mean, gaps are completely broken in this version of cornerstone? - I hope this will be fixed in the next version…

Hi There,

Sorry, but probably not on the next release. At the moment our Dev Team is focused on finishing the new Template Manager. But after that, rest assured that they will be dedicated to clean the bugs in the backlog.

Thank you for understanding,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.