Cornerstone content not pulling through to site

Hi,

I’m able to edit my existing pages in cornerstone and that all feeds through the site fine, but when I try to create a new page it doesn’t work. Cornerstone editor works fine and it displays in cornerstone even after saving, exiting and re-entering, but it won’t display on the actual website.

I searched for other similar issues and purged all the cache, duplicated the page with a different slug etc, opened in incognito browser but it’s still not displaying the content.

Any ideas?

Thanks

UPDATE: It’s not a conflict issue because I’ve been through and deactivated every plugin except Cornerstone and it still doesn’t display.

I’ve purged the cache multiple times, even on the CDN and viewed the page in incognito mode but it still won’t display.

Pretty baffled if I’m honest. Here’s the link to show how the front end displays. All the content is still there in Cornerstone though.

Hi there @Andyb197,

Thanks for writing in! Looks like it’s probably an issue with caching/CDN.

Can you disable all caching and CDN on the website please and then re-load (force refresh the site) and I believe everything will show correctly, somehow it appears to be linked to the assets not being loaded from the CDN in team.

Do you use a plugin to offload the assets to the CDN?

Thanks!

I am having the same issue with http://christiansocialministry.org. This is a brand new site I just started so there is nothing to cache. Why isn’t the content coming through?

@memarketing

If you have a caching plugin or your host has internal caching system, it will cache your site even if it’s brand new. With that said, please check if there is caching setup in your site first and clear and deactivate them. Also check if you’re using a CDN. Disable it as well.

If you’re sure there is no caching and CDN, please give us access to your WP Admin and cPanel in a Secure Note in a separate thread.

Thanks.

I’ve purged my cache and disabled my caching plugins but it hasn’t helped. I also purged the cache on the CDN and disabled it, but it’s still not pulling through the content - even in a different browser or incognito.

Hi @Andyb197

The version of your X and Cornerstone is not compatible, your current X (v4.6.4) is behind.

Please update your X theme to the latest version. Also, update all the plugins and extensions that is bundle with X (refer here for the latest compatible versions)

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Thanks. I’ve updated X to 5.1.1, although it looks like 5.2.2 is the newest version.

It says that the theme is validated but Cornerstone isn’t. It’s 4 days over a year since I bought the theme. Has the license expired?

The content from my new page still isn’t displaying either.

Hi There,

If your theme is validated but Cornerstone isn´t it is possible that X is installed on the wrong folder.

Please access your site via FTP and check if X is intalled at

wp-content/x/

NOT

wp-content/x/x/

orwp-content/x2/

or anything else.

Cornerstone and X license do not expire, but if the theme is installed in a different folder the validation system won´t communicate well between CS and X.

Hope it helps

1 Like

Brilliant! Thanks. It’s all fixed now and content is displaying.

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.