Cornerstone content not displaying in live view

Cornerstone content not displaying properly. I added the content, clicked “Save”, but it’s not displaying in the live version of the site.

Is there something I’m missing?

Jared

Hi @webfrogs,

Thanks for writing in.

Check first if your setup is updated.

If not, update your setup to the latest version.

If still not helping, please try to test for plugin conflict.
You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If still not working well, please share us your admin credentials so we could check your setup closer.

Don’t forget to set in a secure note.

Thanks.

I am having the same issue (on Pro v1.2.3). It says it’s saved, I can see the changed content via cornerstone, but when I preview it, or look at the live page, it’s not there. I don’t know how many times I’ve cleared my cache, or closed and opened an incognito browser window to check it.

Hi @nico - I’ve reviewed the suggestions. You latest supported version of Cornerstone is 2.0.6. I recently downloaded the latest version of the X theme and that came with version 2.1.3. (Screenshot - http://prntscr.com/gvgmri). Why is my latest version greater than your latest supported version? Was this a mistake by ThemeCo?

Not sure how to roll back to 2.0.6, unless you can provide a link to download that specific version.

Thoughts?

Follow up @nico - I completely removed the plugin, and dug through the theme I downloaded. It looks like the theme is packaged with 2.0.6, but as soon as it was installed, the developer went in and updated to the latest version. My question is… if this is an X product, why is an updated version pushed if it’s not on the list of the latest supported versions of the software?

(Screenshot - http://prntscr.com/gvgpy4)

Hi @webfrogs

Cornerstone is an essential plugin to run X Theme.

On your screenshot, WP informs you that there is a new version available for X Cornerstone, which is the version compatible with X 5.2.2

If you are running a previous version X 5.1.x you should be using 2.06

We recommend you have the latest version of X and Cornerstone.

if after following the steps suggested by Nico you are still facing the issue, please provide your admin credentials in a secure note. To learn how to use a secure note please check https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you

@mtomlin - Please open a new thread explain your situation and provide your admin credentials and URL in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Thank you

im having the same issues NNburger.com

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, you have already updated your Cornerstone but your X Theme is still a few update behind. Please update your X Theme to the latest version (5.2.5).

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Have a great day,
Cheers!