Cornerstone Content Editor Issues

Hello,

I’ve been using Cornerstone with no problems on my site for over a year now, since the recent update I’ve not been able to load any content via cornerstone to edit.

I have tried deactivating all plugins, clearing cache etc - still no joy. I was hoping someone could help!

Thanks.

Have added secure note if you need to access my site.

Hello @BCDJ123,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I can see the problem you are facing. I installed WP serverinfo plugin to see the server configuration. Please do following:

1. Please update PHP from 5.6.38 to version 7.0.
  2. Increase PHP memory limit from 256mb to 512mb. To do that you can take a look at following article. https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-increasing-php-memory-limit/16935

In case problem is still there please give us the permission to take a closer look at the website and troubleshoot the issue? While we troubleshoot, website may have layout issues in the meantime temporarily.

Thanks.

Hi,

I done all of the above and there is still no change unfortunately. You have my permission to look into the site further.

Thanks.

Hi There @BCDJ123

When loading your pages, it seems that the builder is loading partially. It could be due to the PHP max script execution time on your server. Currently it’s set to 30 seconds and could you please try increasing it by following this guide (https://thimpress.com/knowledge-base/how-to-increase-maximum-execution-time-for-wordpress-site/). You can try increasing the value to 120 or higher and test your issue further.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi,

I tried the above and the content still isn’t loading for me to edit.

Hello @BCDJ123,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

I checked the website and it seems that the problem is coming because there are two head and body tags. Here’s a screenshot and the code.

<head>
<meta name="google-site-verification" content="92mNTovN2qmRFgmxLgInOG8TKC4RJ5vHaB2gKUnzVdQ" />
<title> My title </title>
</head><body>
page contents
</body>

As there are duplicate head and body tags, it will cause conflict with the page layout in Cornerstone. As the issue revolves around Google Site verification code, please disable the plugin or remove the code and test the Cornerstone page again and see how it goes. Please clear cache to avoid any compatibility issues.

Thanks.

Hi,

I disabled both google plugins and deleted the code but still not loading.

And it’s fixed! I removed more of the code.

Thanks!

Glad to hear that. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.