Cornerstone Conflict with Nextscripts SNAP Plugin

Hello,

The Cornerstone content editor on my site will not load when the Nextscripts Social Network Auto Poster (SNAP) is enabled. When I go to the Content section and click the Edit button on any page, the Cornerstone logo bounces and then stops and the content editor does not load. Disabling the SNAP plugin resolves the issue. Several plugin and theme updates have occurred since I first noticed this problem, but it is still occurring. Do you have any idea how I can resolve this?

WordPress: 4.8.3
X Theme: 5.2.4
Nextscripts SNAP plugin: 4.0.10
PHP: 5.4.45
MySQL: 5.5.34-cll-lve

Thank you.

Hi There,

Regretfully, we cannot provide support for third-party plugins or scripts as our support policy states due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

Meanwhile, we can do a check on your WordPress Dashboard to try to find why this conflict happens and give you a hint while trying to contact the plugin developer. But there is no guarantee that we can find any useful information for you.

Kindly get back to us with the information below using the Secure Note functionality fo the post:

• WordPress Dashboard URL
  • WordPress Dashboard Username
  • WordPress Dashboard Password
  • The page name to test the Cornerstone in.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi there,

Thank you for providing the login information. Unfortunately, I could not log in with the information given. Would you please kindly double check to make sure if the information is correct?

If yes this might be the cause of a security plugin or system you may have on your WordPress installation or server which restricts access to the website from other countries.

Kindly get back to us with the information which we can follow to access your website.

Thank you.

Sorry about that Christopher. I’ve corrected the password. Please try again.

Hi there,

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, I could not find the cause of the conflict, but I found out that you can use the Skeleton mode even if the preview is not available on the Services page:

Kindly use the Skeleton mode when you check the Services page and edit it, or disabled the plugin and do your changes and then enable it again.

You can inform the plugin developer that the Cornerstone builder preview gets a timeout issue when the plugin is activated. But I am not sure that may help them identify the issue.

Thank you.

Thank you Christopher. I’m trying to contact Nextscripts about the conflict as well, but I haven’t heard anything back yet. It’s good to know I can at least use Skeleton mode. I’m trying out an alternate plug-in in the meantime - Social Media Auto Publish by xyzscripts. I’ve still had some intermittent problems with the new plugin and a different error: “the preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.” Overall, though, this one seems to be working better with Cornerstone.

No worries.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.