Cornerstone Conflict on the Frontend

I just updated to 5.2.2 and I’ve lost a number of elements / plugins on my cornerstone pages…

But I can’t currently even edit the cornerstone content due to a “A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading.”

How can I resolve this? My domain www.desktodirtbag.com

Update: it also appears I can’t use PHP 7.0? I’m currently running 5.6, and there are conflicts with both X and Cornerstone:

FILE: /home/rshauers/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/utility/jsqueeze.php

FOUND 3 ERRORS AFFECTING 3 LINES

387 | ERROR | preg_replace() - /e modifier is deprecated since PHP 5.5 and removed since PHP 7.0
465 | ERROR | preg_replace() - /e modifier is deprecated since PHP 5.5 and removed since PHP 7.0
480 | ERROR | preg_replace() - /e modifier is deprecated since PHP 5.5 and removed since PHP 7.0

FILE: /home/rshauers/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/woocommerce/single-product/related.php

FOUND 1 ERROR AFFECTING 1 LINE

26 | ERROR | Using a call-time pass-by-reference is deprecated since PHP 5.3 and prohibited since PHP 5.4

FILE: /home/rshauers/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/woocommerce/single-product/up-sells.php

26 | ERROR | Using a call-time pass-by-reference is deprecated since PHP 5.3 and prohibited since PHP 5.4

FILE: /home/rshauers/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/woocommerce/cart/cross-sells.php

Thank you

This is what my site now looks like (a cornerstone page) after upgrading to 5.2.2 and PHP7

Hey there,

X and Cornerstone is compatible with PHP 7. The errors you see are false positives.

The issue you’re facing looks like it’s because of caching or other factors other than PHP 7. Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

If nothing helps, please revert from a database backup when you’re site was still working so your site would be operational. Then, copy your site to a staging server and do the update there for testing purposes. See best practices in updating your theme and plugins here.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.