Cornerstone Classic Image/Text Not Showing Up

Heya! I’ve successfully imported the Food Truck demo theme on my freshly installed WordPress (apart from Yoast and iThemes Security I haven’t installed any plugins yet).

The demo import went perfectly, however, upon editing page in Cornerstone, everything works fine except for classic image or classic text, from what I’ve tested so far.

The way it affects is that if I add a Section in which I want to drag Classic Text, it’ll completely disappear from ever being clickable again, unlike any other Elements. So basically so far I had to use Content Area instead of Classic Text, or Image instead of Classic Image, because they become completely invisible and not clickable for edit ever again.

This is my second X Theme license, as I already run it on a different website, where it works perfectly and never had this issue. Even tried the same things on my first website to confirm it’s not me who’s doing something wrong.

Any ideas as to what I can do? Thanks!

Hello @Dw1ght,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please try out following solutions and see if classic elements (image and text) works:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  5. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Heya! I’ve tried all those steps, but nothing helped.

1. All is updated.
  2. Not using a CDN.
  3. No plugin conflict, had this error from the very first second I finished importing the demo content (before I installed any plugin at all).
  4. Done, didn’t help.
  5. Increase PHP Memory Limit to 512.

I’ll provide you guys with the login info, maybe you can figure it out. Thank you!

Hey @Dw1ght,

I logged in to your site and tested adding a Classic Text to the first section in your home page and it works.

I then tested adding a Classic Text and Classic Image elements in a new Section I added at the very bottom of your home page and it still works.

If this works on my end, this is unlikely an issue in your server nor anything in your setup. It’s possible, this is only in your browser. Would you mind clearing your browser cache and then test again? Also test in incognito mode and other browsers.

Is there also something wrong with the V2 Text element or can you tell us the reason why you’re avoiding V2 elements?

Thanks.

Heya and thank you so much for the help so far!

1. Yes, you can add a classic image / text, provided you also input the text right away. My issue was that it becomes completely untargetable / not clickable to edit if you don’t input the text right then and there, upon dragging it.

2. What exactly do you mean by V2 elements? The classic text or?

3. I added a “DELETE THIS TEXT AND IT WILL BECOME COMPLETELY UNTARGETABLE” Classic Text under the last fridge, in case you can be so kind as to log in and delete it to replicate.

Hi @Dw1ght,

1. Ah, when it became empty? You can switch to skeleton mode and edit it there.

1. If you search an element in the builder, it will display two kinds of element. The v2 is the latest elements, while the classic are elements from older version of the builder which are still available.

The v2 elements are the one without Classic prefix and has more options and features.

1. You mean you can’t really select the element? That’s not functioning correctly if that’s the case. I’m able to delete that text without a need for Skeleton mode. What browser and device you’re building it?

Thanks!

Thank you for d the V2 clarification! :smiley: Makes sense now. It’s just a bad habit I picked up, as I bought X theme for 2 websites so far, 1 of which I’ve been using it for about 2 years now, and I just got used to using Classic all the time. :confused: Should start working on that habit.

And yeah, it might be bugged, but the Skeleton feature definitely helps me targeting / clicking the elements, so I’ll be using that! :slight_smile: Thank you so much!

Thanks for understanding and you’re welcome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.