Cornerstone Classic Custom Headline Not Loading

Everything is loading on my cornerstone, except the classic custom headlines. Any quick fix for this? everything is updated.

Thanks!

Hi @sdfilmmaker,

Thanks for writing in.

Usually, this happens if there is a plugin conflict or your setup has an incompatible versions.

• Update your setup to the latest version:
  • Plugin conflict Test

You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks.

I have gone through each plug-in to identify the conflict issue, and I am not seeing any improvement in editing the classic custom headlines. They just continue to try to load, everything else in Cornerstone is working fine.

I need to work on this site for a client but I am stuck until this is resolved, please help!

Hello There,

You are experiencing the issue because you have inserted <hr> tag in a custom headline element. Please keep in mind that you are not supposed to insert an invalid tag inside a heading tag which is the custom headline. You are only allowed to use <span> or <a> in a heading tag.

If you need a line underneath a custom headline, please make sure of the line element. This element uses <hr> tag anyways. Just make sure to set the bottom margin of the custom headline to 0 so that you line will be at the bottom of the headline with a little space in between. If you need a space in between, please check out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-element-spacing/211

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the input! When I used the theme, hr was built into the design so we used it. Looks like we will find a new way to do the similar design, I have cornerstone working again, that’s a huge relief!

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.