Cornerstone clash

Hi there,

I’ve run into an issue with Cornerstone and a plugin called Thrive Comments.

I’ve installed this comments plugin, which has a ‘comments moderation’ page in the Wordpress admin panel that loads indefinitely when Cornerstone is active. Disabling Cornerstone solves this issue.

Anything I can try to solve this?

Thanks

Hello @FreekR,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Comments moderation page seems to be working fine on my end. Please see screenshot. Kindly note that Cornerstone is not required with Pro Theme is activated. https://screencast.com/t/R7JKzS4mKwN

Thanks.

Hi @Prasant,

Thanks for the quick reply. I’ve done further investigating and it appears the problem occurs when cornerstone is activated together with a membership plugin called ActiveMember360. Disabling either one of the fixes the issue. Any thoughts on where the problem might lie?

Speaking of Pro Theme, would switching still allow me to use shortcodes? Or is that an X theme feature?

Thanks again,

Freek

Hi There,

We cannot be sure why the ActiveMember360 is conflicting with Cornerstone as we cannot afford to investigate incompatibility with every third party plugin.

We recommend you searching an alternative to ActiveMember360 that does not conflict with the theme.

Pro works exactly like X. The main difference at this stage is that Cornerstone is built-in in PRO not a plugin and PRO offers the AMAZING header and footer builders. On the other hand, X has demo content which Pro does not offer.

Hope it helps1

Thanks for the info Joao.

I switched to Pro on a staging site and the same problem occurred.

Switching briefly also made clear I’d have to rewrite a lot of CSS if I were to switch from X to Pro. Is there any documentation on which classes and ids change between X and Pro (in case I consider switching in the future)?

All the best, Freek

Hi there,

As the Cornerstone is built into Pro you might see the same incompatibility with the Members plugin you have mentioned. The only solution at the moment is that you use the X theme and turn off the Cornerstone whenever you want to moderate the comments.

Actually, if you use Pro you will not have a separate plugin for Cornerstone to deactivate while moderating the comments and that process will be impossible.

Unfortunately, you need to consider having another plugin for that purpose.

The CSS classes of the Pro and X are the same but when it comes to the latest version. I see that you use the X theme version 5.1.1 with the Cornerstone 2.1.7. Those 2 versions are not actually compatible. Please backup your website and update the theme to version 5.2.5

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.