Cornerstone causing site to timeout

Hello I am having a problem with cornerstone. I have a woocommerce site and for some reason when I try to load the /checkout page it times out. I had no idea what was going on, I disabled all plugins basic and had no luck. Finally I disabled cornerstone and everything was working fine! I have tried deleting cornerstone and reinstalling and the problem still persists. also, every time I try to load the checkout page an error is logged in my errorlog. Here are the errors:

[22-Aug-2018 05:57:01 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/r3drjjegel1f/public_html/wp-includes/shortcodes.php on line 234
[22-Aug-2018 05:58:21 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/r3drjjegel1f/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 177
[22-Aug-2018 06:00:11 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/r3drjjegel1f/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/class-wc-meta-data.php on line 88
[22-Aug-2018 06:03:44 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/r3drjjegel1f/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3808
[22-Aug-2018 06:06:10 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/r3drjjegel1f/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 191
[22-Aug-2018 06:07:56 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/r3drjjegel1f/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/shortcodes/recipe.php on line 38
[22-Aug-2018 06:12:56 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/r3drjjegel1f/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/class-wc-payment-gateways.php on line 159
[22-Aug-2018 06:14:59 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/r3drjjegel1f/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 177
[22-Aug-2018 06:17:46 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/r3drjjegel1f/public_html/wp-includes/option.php on line 67
[22-Aug-2018 06:22:25 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/r3drjjegel1f/public_html/wp-includes/kses.php on line 1251
[22-Aug-2018 06:26:33 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/r3drjjegel1f/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/abstracts/abstract-wc-data.php on line 619
[22-Aug-2018 06:29:05 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/r3drjjegel1f/public_html/wp-includes/cache.php on line 120
[22-Aug-2018 06:29:51 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/r3drjjegel1f/public_html/wp-includes/shortcodes.php on line 234
[22-Aug-2018 06:29:59 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/r3drjjegel1f/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-term.php on line 124
[22-Aug-2018 06:33:08 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/r3drjjegel1f/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-post.php on line 255
[22-Aug-2018 06:37:37 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/r3drjjegel1f/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-list-util.php on line 152
[22-Aug-2018 06:42:04 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/r3drjjegel1f/public_html/wp-includes/shortcodes.php on line 188
[22-Aug-2018 06:52:38 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in     /home/r3drjjegel1f/public_html/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 485

all of these errors were created when I tried to load the checkout page but I’m not sure what it has to do with cornerstone because the error is showing for many different places. The error is clearly with cornerstone because the problem goes away when I deactivate it. Also when I was initially creating my site I had no problems. I was able to access the /checkout page and make transactions. The last thing I remember doing before the problem occurred was installing the “duplicator” plugin but I deleted it after and the problem still persists. The only fix to the issue is to deactivate cornerstone but i need to use cornerstone. Any help would be appreciated! login details will be in a private note. Thanks!

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded

This error means that you have exceeded the maximum execution time of the PHP settings. You will need to increase it to at least 300.
```
By default, the maximum execution time for PHP scripts is set to 30 seconds. If a script runs for longer than 30 seconds, PHP stops the script and reports an error. You can control the amount of time PHP allows scripts to run by changing the max_execution_time directive in your php.ini file.

</small>

Please check out this articles:
https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/developer-corner/php/using-php.ini-directives/php-maximum-execution-time
https://www.simplified.guide/php/increase-max-execution-time

That’s not it. Clearly that isn’t the problem because it’s working when I disable cornerstone. There is something causing it to timeout. I even set it to 300 but that did nothing.

Hi,

I cant replicate this issue in my test sites with the same version of the theme, cornerstone and woocommerce.

So it is something specific to your site.

Can you try deactivating all plugins except for cornerstone and woocommerce.

If the issue persist, you can also try activating wordpress default theme then check again.

Thanks

Hey Paul,
As I said in my initial reply I have tried every combination of deactivating my plugins. The problem only occurs when cornerstone is activated. It problem goes away when I deactivate conerstone and activate another theme. I agree with you that I think something is wrong with my version of cornerstone. I have tried deleting my X file in my themed folder and re installing and also deleting cornerstone and reinstalling but the problem still persists. Any other ideas? Thanks

Hi,

I can’t seem to find what is causing the issue. Can you provide us FTP access in Secure Note.
I would like to add some debugging code so I can isolate and check what is causing it.

Thanks

thanks paul. I will add the info now!

Hi Morgan,

I took some time to test the issue and I see there’s a conflict. First could you please try switching to a different PHP version from your web hosting control panel and re-test the issue. Select between PHP v5.6.x and v7.1.x.

The other possible conflict I see is that you’re using WooCommerce v3.4.4 and the X compatible WooCommerce is 3.4.2 as we have listed here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195). Try downgrading your WooCommercer plugin and test your issue again. You can download the exact version from there following link (https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce/advanced/).

Keep your other 3rd party WooCommerce plugins disabled while you’re testing.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

thank you for the reply but it did not work. I tried all of the php versions between v5.6.x and v7.1.x. as well as downgraded to woocommerce version 3.4.2. none of it resolved the issue =/

thanks

Hello There,

I have edited your wp-config.php file and made sure that your PHP limit is enough. All your settings and server configurations seems okay. You can check it in WooCommerce > Status. I also noticed that you have switched to another theme. Upon checking, the checkout page displays correctly on my end.

Please check your site again.

hey thanks for checking but the reason it’s working for you is because I switched to another theme. As i indicated before, it only gives me the problem when cornerstone is activated. Obviously it would work when you checked it because cornerstone is deactivated and a new theme is activated. I didn’t have time to keep restating my problem and have techs go in, take a look around, and explain what they saw without providing an actual solution. I have been through all of my wp-config.php settings.The screenshot you posted is of the new working theme I put up. I appreciate you guys trying to help but I’m in a pickle because none of your “experts” have a solution to my problem and THEMECO is refusing to give me a refund so I’m basically stuck with a worthless theme.

Hello There,

Do you still want us to continue to resolve the issue or you will be using this new theme Relia? Please let us know and switch back to X theme and we will investigate further what is causing your issue. We always need your permission to switch theme because your site is live.

Thanks for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.