Cornerstone Causing 500 Error

Hello.

I’m trying to figure out where to go now that I identified the source as cornerstone. It worked fine just a few days ago and suddenly it no longer wants to function.

I have every single plugin turned off currently, which allows my wp-admin to function. Once I turn cornerstone on the front site functions but wp-admin returns a 500 error.

Below are my errors.

Warning: Cornerstone_Element_Orchestrator::add | Failed to add element: classic. Class ‘CSE_Classic’ not found. in /home/content/a2pewpnas01_data03/92/4060892/html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/elements/class-element-orchestrator.php on line 220

Warning: Cornerstone_Element_Orchestrator::add | Failed to add element: decorators.php. Class ‘CSE_Decorators.php’ not found. in /home/content/a2pewpnas01_data03/92/4060892/html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/elements/class-element-orchestrator.php on line 220

Warning: Cornerstone_Element_Orchestrator::add | Failed to add element: definitions. Class ‘CSE_Definitions’ not found. in /home/content/a2pewpnas01_data03/92/4060892/html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/elements/class-element-orchestrator.php on line 220

Warning: Cornerstone_Element_Orchestrator::add | Failed to add element: helpers.php. Class ‘CSE_Helpers.php’ not found. in /home/content/a2pewpnas01_data03/92/4060892/html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/elements/class-element-orchestrator.php on line 220

Warning: Cornerstone_Element_Orchestrator::add | Failed to add element: mixins. Class ‘CSE_Mixins’ not found. in /home/content/a2pewpnas01_data03/92/4060892/html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/elements/class-element-orchestrator.php on line 220

Warning: Cornerstone_Element_Orchestrator::add | Failed to add element: presets. Class ‘CSE_Presets’ not found. in /home/content/a2pewpnas01_data03/92/4060892/html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/elements/class-element-orchestrator.php on line 220

Warning: Cornerstone_Element_Orchestrator::add | Failed to add element: sample.php. Class ‘CSE_Sample.php’ not found. in /home/content/a2pewpnas01_data03/92/4060892/html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/elements/class-element-orchestrator.php on line 220

Warning: Cornerstone_Element_Orchestrator::add | Failed to add element: shim.php. Class ‘CSE_Shim.php’ not found. in /home/content/a2pewpnas01_data03/92/4060892/html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/elements/class-element-orchestrator.php on line 220

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Cornerstone_Huebert in /home/content/a2pewpnas01_data03/92/4060892/html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/components/class-huebert.php on line 3

All of the websites I use cornerstone on are have major latency issues & throwing 500 errors as well since the last update. I checked with my hosting and they confirmed it isn’t a performance, disk space, or ram issue (we pay for Wordpress Optimized Enterprise Hosting at BlueHost and haven’t had an issue until this). I’d love an update on the solution when possible. Thanks.

I do believe I just recently updated it. I hadn’t touched my site in a while because I was taking a break and I recently was helping a friend and decided to go check my admin and do some plugin updates.

Mine could definitely be related to the update. Thank you for letting me know!

Hi there,

The error you are experiencing is a so-called file class-element-orchestrator.php file which is moved to classics folder and it shows that your version of the Cornerstone is corrupt.

Please deactivate and delete the Cornerstone plugin, then go to X > Overview, wait for a few seconds and go back to plugins menu and you should see the Cornerstone installed.

If you have problems yet, kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi there,

Cornerstone latest version is used by thousands of clients which do not have any problems so we should check your installation and see why this is happening. I suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  5. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  6. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  7. Enable the WordPress Debug Mode to see the actual error behind the Error 500.

If you still have problems kindly open up a separate thread and give us your login information using a Secure Note. Do not add the secure note here as it is visible to the original poster of this thread which is not you.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.