Cornerstone cannot load/preview page translation

Hello,

I have just started experiencing the switching to secondary language/preview problem in Cornerstone with my site (English & Chinese Traditional by WPML). It was working fine for two pages, then just stopped.

I have followed the steps you have advised several times elsewhere (e.g. this post) but still no luck. I have also tried these steps as suggested by @rad in another post:

1. Please go to WPML > Languages > Language URL format and change it into Different languages in directories. 2. And make sure Use directory for default language is unchecked.
  2. Then go to Admin > Settings > Permalinks and re-save it to flush it.
  3. The lastly, go to WPML > Settings > How to translate posts and pages and select Create translations manually.

Again, no luck. Help! :weary:

Additionally, I also tried to copy the code from my Cornerstone page in the traditional page editor (just to see if I could create the Chinese translated page the hard way) but it seemed that not all elements were visible and I was only able to copy about half the page.

Thanks in advance for your help. Site details provided in Secure Note.

Hello There,

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Switch to the parent theme to check if the issue persists.
  7. Turn off all the cache plugins.
  8. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  9. Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.
  10. Check your PHP Max Execution Time and set it for 120 for optimal usage (https://thimpress.com/knowledge-base/how-to-increase-maximum-execution-time-for-wordpress-site/).
  11. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

Let us know how it goes!

Hello, yes as mentioned in my post, I already followed these steps since I saw you had suggested them to some other users in another post. They didn’t work, the problem still persists.

I also tried the other steps I wrote above which I saw another member of your support team also suggested. Still no luck.

UPDATE: I have just tried activating/deactivating the plug-ins again (I see you also went in for some trouble-shooting, appreciated!) and it seems to be ok for now. Any reason why this may not have worked the first time, do plug-ins keep things in cache maybe? Just want to know how I can prevent/fix the issue again if it happens again in future.

Hi There,

It most likely the cache issue related, try using the Incognito Mode or different browsers will fix this issue.

WPML plugin also has the cache feature, you can flush WPML cache in WPML > Support > Troubleshooting > “Clear the cache in WPML”.

Regards!

Ah, got it. Will do this if it happens again. Thank you for your help!

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.