Cornerstone - Cannot activate with new Wordpress update

Hi, I have been having trouble being able to activate Cornerstone since the new Wordpress update. Every time I activate the plugin, it causes my website to crash and I am not able to log into the back of my website. Since I am unable to activate the plugin, it makes so my website missing content,etc.

It also gives me a “Warning: This plugin has not been tested with your current version of WordPress.”

It looks like this version is Compatible up to: 4.7.12

The new Wordpress Version is 5.0.3

Please help.

Hi Smith,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please check your PHP version running on your server and make sure that you’re using PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any incompatibility issues.

Also try increasing your PHP memory limit by following our guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-increasing-php-memory-limit/16935).

If you’re still having issues, please disable all of your other 3rd party plugins except Cornerstone plugin and test your issue further. If the issue resolved, you can then activate your plugins one by one to see which plugin causing the issue.

If you have a child theme, disable it temporarily as well to see if your child theme customizations causing the issue.

Also make sue to purge all cache before testing (refer: https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-clear-your-cache-in-wordpress/).

If you’re still having issues, provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

Hi Smith,

Thank you for the login information. I have re-installed Cornerstone plugin and tested it by creating a test page. I see that your Cornerstone editor is functioning properly now (see secure note).

Could you please check on your end as well.

Thanks!

As of now it appears to be working great. Thank you so much!

You’re most welcome!

I opened another ticket, not realizing I could continue from here. The website was working, but about an hour ago it crashed and I had to get Blue Host to kill the processing so I could login to the back of my website to deactivate Cornerstone. I really need this fixed as when I deactivate the Cornerstone plugin it makes the front of my website having missing details and very messy looking. But, if I don’t deactivate, it crashes the website and causes so that I cannot log into the back of my website.

Please help.

Hi,

I activated Cornerstone and it seems to work without issues.

One thing I notice is that you have php version 7.0

Please contact your host and request to update php to version 7.3 as required by wordpress

Thanks

Ok, So I went through the process of asking my host to update to PHP 7.3. But all they have as of now is PHP 7.2

So when I activated Cornerstone it was working fine all day yesterday, but then it crashed again, this morning Jan 17th. So I had to get Blue Host to kill the processes in order to get logged into the back end of my website to deactivate the Cornerstone Plugin. Like I said before, if I do not have the Plug In activated it makes my website look bad and has missing content.

This is what it looks like when the plugin is not activated.

https://www.goodlivingwarehouse.com/

What can I do until Blue Host gets Updated PHP 7.3 ??

I was told they do not know when that will be available.

Hi Smith,

I think 7.2 is good for now, but I don’t this issue is still related to cornerstone or PHP 7.2. It could be a database issue, right now I’m getting Error establishing a database connection from your site. And any issue with database could slow down and crash a site since it’s the primary component for Wordpress to work. I recommend contacting your hosting provider and get more information about the crash. Unfortunately, I can’t provide a specific question.

Thanks!

I am working with Blue Host to get me back in. They are killing the processes

Hi Smith,

If you’re on a shared hosting account, they have some resource limitations such as for CPU usage and for RAM usage etc. In such cases, if you move to a VPS container, you should be able to utilize all of your allocated resources in the VPS container without any restrictions.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.