Cornerstone Caching and Plugin Conflict

Hi, please have a look at my cornerstone not loading pages created and edited with Cornerstone. I’ve tried what I’ve read recently, but no success. Check my credentials.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in and the details!
I checked your site and can confirm the issue. I would like to suggest you few troubleshooting for a possible solution.

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If you could please try the above and if you still have the issue we’d be more than happy to assist.

I tried all of the steps above and the problem still stands; I have to note that it’s not with all the pages that Cornerstone doesn’t work, but with some (i.e. main page). My Opera Console shows this:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
preview-frame::update-aborted Object
(anonymous) @ cs.js:111

May this can help.

What else can I do?

Hi There,

Would you mind changing your Settings > Permalinks to Post Name

Thanks,

I tried this and the error continued; then I turned the Permalinks as before.

Other ideas?

Hi ltona,

Usually internal server error is occurring due to PHP fatal error. Could you please enable WP_DEBUG mode by following this guide (https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG) and let us know, so that we can further investigate your issue.

Thanks!

I have it set to True (the Debug) alread; I set to display it to site visitors and I got this:

Notice: Use of undefined constant REQUEST_URI - assumed ‘REQUEST_URI’ in /home/ab/public_html/wp-content/themes/x-child/functions.php on line 73

The problem with Cornerstone not previewing and editing the content persists.

What else?

Hi ltona,

I have switched to your parent X theme, then re-generated your permalink settings and then I was able to load your Cornerstone editor (see secure note).

Could you please confirm on your end as well ? Also make sure to clear your browser cache.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

It seems like some of the pages open with Cornerstone, but also I get the conflict again. Main page “Faqja kryesore” doesn’t preview and doesn’t open to edit.

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
This is what I get with Console Developers Tools.

Hi There,

Please add this to your wp-config.php file and provide us FTP credentials in a secure note, so we can take a closer look.

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

WP DEBUG

Thanks,

I added them to wp-confing and sent FTP to Secure Note. Thanks.

Hello everyone,

I got the solution; the problem I think was a conflict with ModSecurity (my webhost) that was brought to my attention by the Staff of Vaultpress. Now am able to open and edit from Cornerstone.

Also, we are seeing an error for Jetpack on this site:
HTTP status code was not 200 (404)
In conjunction with the error we were seeing with this site’s VaultPress backups, there may be a ModSecurity issue with your site host.

What I did was to DISABLE ModSecurity.

Hope this helps.

Glad everything is working fine now.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.