Cornerstone built webpage functionality lost on mobile

Hello,

I seem to have randomly lost some functionality on mobile for this page: www.lauraletchingerart.com/sold-work-gallery
It was created in Cornerstone. I have up to date WP and X versions.

The user should be able to tap on an image and a popup box should appear with the name of the painting and the dimensions, along with a note to tap again for more info, or for a zoomed image. Instead, what now happens is that when a user taps the image the popupbox comes up and then is automatically taken to the “more info” webpage without that pause first. The intention was to give the user the opportunity to view the dimensions in the popup box. Then if she is interested in learning more, they would tap again to be taken to a new webpage with more specific info, or to a zoomed image of the painting if a webpage is not available for a particular image.

Would you be able to restore that functionality for me with some kind of code? I have no idea why it stopped working. I just noticed it today.

Many thanks,
Laura

Hey Laura,

Thanks for writing in! I have investigated your site and I found out that you have this JS code:

jQuery( function( $ ) {
	$('.page-id-3553 #x-section-2 .x-column.x-sm.x-1-4 a').hover( function() {

var this_link = $(this);

setTimeout( function() {

var pop_over = $(this_link).next().find('.popover-content');

pop_over.html( pop_over.text().replace('(', '<br>(') );

}, 50); 

}, function() { } );
} );

Please understand that this code will only work for desktops. It will not trigger hover in touch devices. You might want to check out this page to know how to trigger hover in touch devices.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Rue,

To clarify, on mobile, you’re right, the hover was never a feature. But what it did used to do , was when the user touched an image, it would show the popupbox. then if they touched it again, it woud take them to either a zoomed image or a new webpage with more info. So the problem now is that there is no long this 2-step process. Instead, the first time the user touches the image on mobile, the popup box briefly comes up and then it automatically goes to step two, without the user’s 2nd touch. So I’m just trying to recover that 2-step function that used to be there . . .

Does that help explain the problem?

Best,
laura

Hi Laura,

Regretfully, the Popovers & Tooltips elements are designed only for hover. This particular customization request is outside the scope of our support, we can not provide support for 3rd party scripts and any element modification. As such, you will need to investigate this particular issue on your own or seek help from a developer should you not feel comfortable making these changes yourself.

What I would advise is to add a text element underneath your images as an alternative for the popover on mobile. Use the Hide During Breakpoint feature to hide the text element on desktop view.

Thank you for your understanding,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.