Cornerstone Browser Error - Logged to the Console

Hey there,

Looking through the browser errors on my site and I found one that is flagged with Cornerstone.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'substr' of undefined at https://www.alarmrelay.com/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-body.js:1:118196

I’ve cleared all the caches per this post and yet the error still remains in the Chrome console. Any suggestions on how to take care of that issue?

Thanks in advance!

Hello @atjonesen,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please try out the solution mentioned in following thread and see how it goes:

Thanks.

Hey there,

Thanks for your response but as I referenced in my original post - I have already done the suggestions in the post you shared. I’m running the latest versions of both X & Cornerstone + cleared all caches and yet the console error remains. Any other actions/suggestions to remove the error?

Thanks,
AT

Hello There,

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  5. Switch to the parent theme to check if the issue persists.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.