Cornerstone breaks site err 500

I updated X and cornerstone and the site failed. Installed Version
Cannot load any page.
Deleted cornerstone, and site works again, but showing CS markup only.
Changed theme, deleted X and CS. Reinstalled X, which adds CS back into plugins.
Reinstalled WP. Turned off all other plugins.
Resaved permalinks.
Updated PHP to 7.2
Click activate CS and the site fails immediately.
ServerInfo cap http://prntscr.com/jruz0c

Any ideas to help, please?
Ta. Jeff.

Hi @laser,

Thanks for writing in.

Please downgrade your PHP version to 7.1 or below to 5.6. The version 7.2 has many deprecated functions that still used by some plugins, which could create conflict.

Then install your cornerstone again, plus, the admin login credentials are incorrect.

Thanks!

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the information. I have deleted Cornerstone and re installed it. I activated most of the needed plugins so that the shortcodes will work.

Please check your site now.

Thanks,
Site is still 500, on several browsers.
I deleted cornerstone plugin via ftp to be able to access the site at all.
Were you able to see it normally?

With CS plugin replaced. As soon as you activate it, the site fails.

Also tried PHP 7.1 and (currently) PHP 5.6. No different.

Hi @laser,

Have you reinstalled it after the installation made by Ruenel? It appears that cornerstone is corrupted again.

I re-installed it again and your site is up,

If this happens again, then maybe your host is deleting the files intentionally. There is no problem with plugin installation, it’s installed instantly when I visit the validation page.

Thanks!

Hi
The site is still broken. Could you please look at it again.
The host has not deleted anything.
You can see the site briefly after installation sometimes then it breaks.

Hello There,

I have reinstalled Cornerstone for the second time and your site is now displaying correctly.

Please check your site now.

Hi,
I have had to change theme from X for the week to keep the site working.
Every time the site changes to X and auto installs Cornerstone it works OK for 5 min then loading a new page or instance of the site crashes it completely. Thanks for reinstalling it but there is a deeper problem.
Please help, as my client now is unhappy.
Validates

Lets you look around site.
Load new page of http://nzsda.net.nz/ broken… Everytime.

Hi Laser,

First of all, if the fact that your website is throwing the error 500 when installing the Cornerstone hurt your business I strongly suggest that you move your website to a staging server so that you can easily follow the steps below without worrying about the website getting messed up:

1. Enable the WordPress Debug Mode so that you can check the actual problem instead of error 500. If you still get the error please contact your hosting service provider and ask them to give you the error log to know what is the actual issue.
  2. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options and/or Child Theme and test the case.
  5. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  6. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  7. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Here is a guide on how to create a staging website for your information:

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.