Cornerstone and translations

Hi!

I have used the WPML with cornerstone my previous projects well without problem. Now, when I have installed everything and copied the content to the second language, the cornerstone is not working if I use the X and enter the “dashboard” of the Cornerstone. If I try to click the small flag on the right bottom corner, I get the mixed up message “try again”. Also the url is not correct. It shows the /en even I am on the Finnish site (or other way around).

If I go to a specific page of the borders and then X and “edit page” I am able to edit the page perfectly.

It seems there are a problem with my url. Could you please help me? The page is http://demo.finnguru.fi

Hello Anni,

Thanks for writing in! You are doing the translation correctly. It might not be working in your case because of your language url options. Please check your settings and play around with the url options. For more details, please check this out:

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hi! Thank you for your help. I don’t know what to change. The url structure is how I like it to be. And I have done other page with the same settings (same theme with wpml) and it is working. So, any other tips how I can proceed?

Hey Anni,

Please try resetting your permalinks by going to Settings > Permalinks and click the Save Changes button.

Also, if you have the String Translation and Translation Management installed, try downgrading to these versions:

WPML Multilingual CMS - 4.0.6
WPML String Translation - 2.8.6
WPML Translation Management - 2.6.7

If that doesn’t help, please give us WordPress Admin access in a Secure Note

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.