Cornerstone and pro performance

hi there,
i am referring to @christopher.amirian who asked me to open an new thread with my performance issues with cornerstone and pro. christopher wrote this:

I double checked this case with our development team and they confirmed that the code is performant enough to work for most cases and hosting service providers. Kindly open up a separate thread and give us the URL/User/Pass of your website using the Secure Note functionality of the post there to follow up the case for you and find why this is happening for you.

meanwhile i even deleted pro and reinstalled it in the hope that this would speed up cornerstone or the header builder. but it didn’t.

i talked to my provider today. they have especially fast servers and php7 by default. also i set the memory limits to 256/512mb.
they wanted to know if cornerstone has any preferred php settings or requirements. could you please provide these?
thanks kai

Hi there,

That should be enough, another thing is to exclude cornerstone requests from security setting that may block it or cause a bottleneck. I checked and the builder is not really slow, it’s just that the cornerstone-endpoint request is taking much time before it gets the response from the server.

Could you try disabling any security that you have and we’ll check it again?

Thanks!

is this code in my htaccess from cornerstone?

RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

@Rad i had a 40min talk with my provider today. we could not figure out what is going wrong. he let the debug mode running but saw no errors or timeouts. i also have never had any timeouts, by the way. these are only occurring on your side. we also tried out different php versions. so i am at the end of my wits with that issue…

Hi there,

I tried it on other PC and another internet provider and the result is the same. So it mustn’t be not just on my end.

This is a similar issue with a visual composer before where it initiates multiple connections (about 20 consecutive connections) and the current user is automatically blocked from accessing it for a specific period/time. And it’s because of hosting provider.

The same is happening on your site, once I load the builder, the cornerstone-endpoint will throw timeout error, and that’s because I’m already blocked by your site (just by loading it). And even by reloading and accessing the main URL isn’t working, it’s stuck in Connecting status in the browser status bar because I’m completely blocked. I just discovered today that it will work again once I restart my router and when my WAN IP is changed (but same issue once I load the builder). So that means, it’s blocking me based on IP.

Maybe it’s not really happening on your end, because maybe it’s configured to block such requests from users of other countries once it reached the limit.

And it’s the same thing happen when I checked your site from your other threads where I did a plugin test, it just blocked me while I’m testing.

Thanks.

hi rad, thanks a million for testing and helping to find a solution!!! i just informed my provider about this behaviour. lets see what they reply… best regards, kai

Thanks for the update. We’re looking forward to hearing what you find out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.