Cornerstone and editing page keeps loading infinately

I have taken a look at the other posts to clear cache, adjust memory limit, etc and my page keeps loading with no avail. Can someone please look into this? I can send login information.

Hey there,

Thanks for writing in! I checked your setup and I see you’re using an outdated version of Cornerstone with the latest version of X. Always make sure to update both X and Cornerstone to the latest versions to avoid such errors and potential conflicts. You can find the latest version numbers here: (http://theme.co/changelog/) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site.

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

Let us know if the issue persists!

I have updated cornerstone to the latest version and that has not fixed the problem. Please advise.

Hello There,

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

Let us know how it goes!

I have done all of these things on this list and still not working. Please advise. I would hate to have to switch to another theme.

Hello @indigo14,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I checked the website and can see that Cornerstone is not loading. Further I checked for plugin conflict but that’s not resolving the issue. Next, I wanted to see the version of PHP you are using on the server and for that I installed WP Server Info plugin. I see that you are using PHP version 5.5.38 which is quite old and not supported. I suggest you to please get in touch with your hosting company and upgrade PHP to version 7.2 and see how it goes. Please see following article for WordPress server requirement.

Thanks.

I was able to upgrade the PHP to 7.1, but unfortunately this does not fix it.

Hi @indigo14

Looks like you are using Rocket Loader from Cloudflare, this is causing this error in the browser console:

Please try to disable this feature on Cloudflare then recheck this issue.

I suggest keeping Rocket Loader turned off for now, it’s still in beta, check this quoted text from Cloudflare:

Rocket Loader is considered Beta because it’s an experimental feature that modifies the loading and execution flow of Javascript. While efforts are taken to increase Rocket Loader’s compatibility with third-party Javascripts, not all scripts work with this feature. Issues with Rocket Loader affect only a small percentage of customers.

Thanks.

I was able to turn off the rocket loader and now I am able to load. Thank you so much for your help, I’ve been trying to fix the issue for weeks!!

On behalf of my colleague, you’re welcome. Cheers! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.