Cornerstone again

Hello,

I’ve problem again with cornerstone.

When i try to add new page and edit with cornerstone it always go back to the empy layout.

I’m using cloudfare, the settings are the one from this page:
https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

I tried pausing cloudfare for my site, but nothing.

I found a lot of error loading my homepage, you can see the attached file:

what’s wrong?

Thanks
gio

Hi there,

Thank you for the message. I checked the error screenshot and it seems that you use a plugin of some sort that minifies JS/CSS? Am I right? If that is the case you need to either avoid using it or exclude the Cornerstone CSS/JS files from that. The assets of the Cornerstone are already minified and using the plugins which minify those files will have the double minification problem and might cause issues.

I also suggest that you follow the steps below to rule out other possible reasons:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  5. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  6. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

Get back to us with the result of the steps above and to follow up the case kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post.

Thank you.

Hi,

I tried to fix it but:

1. everything is up to date
  2. Purged cache in cloudflare
  3. There are now only 9 plugins activated and noone about minify
  4. revoved
  5. done
  6. added define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512MB’); to wpconfig

Nothing changed.

I noticed that cornerstone works if i try to edit an existing page but doesn’t with add new page

Hi there,

After a long check on the case I found these points:

1. The Visual Composer is throwing too much Javascript error and I suggest highly that you backup your website and update it. You can do that by deleting the plugin and then go to X > Overview and install it again. You will not lose your work but it is 100% recommended that you backup your website just in case.

2. Cornerstone is dependant on a Javascript file called cs-vendor.js. That file is not loading correctly on your server:

I guess the reason should be the security software false alarm that your hosting service provider may use:

Please upload that file again and contact your hosting service provider and ask them to whitelist that file.

Also, please consider that there will be a new release in a week or 2 which changes the code on that file and makes it in a way that it will not be mistaken as a virus and will not trigger a false alarm.

Thank you.

Hi,

1. done and it looks better and faster.
    I need cornerstone to eliminate the 2 pages that still use visual composer so i can delete it.
    The homepage is already duplicated with cornerstone (test home), but I’d like to upload the cornerstone template in the current homepage, rather than canceling the home page and renaming the “test home”.
    But cannot run cornerstone in a new page

2. I uploaded again the file cs-vendor.js but nothing changed for now, I open ticket with hosting support to whitelist it, waiting theur answer.
    in the meantime, how can I replicate the error to verify that it has not been resolved?

Thanks

Hi There,

Upon checking your website Cornerstone is loading, saving and re-loading with no issues.

Can you clarify the issue you are facing?

Thanks!

Hi,

I can edit existing page but cannot use cornerstone in new one, please check the video.

Cornerstone

Hi there,

I did check the case and it is working ok for me using the Google Chrome briowser on my Macbook pro. So the last thing that you mentioned about not being able to add a new page is what I can not recreate.

I added a test page which I will add the link in the secure note to check.

The only thing that I have done is to add the page, publish it first and then try to use the Cornerstone.

Thank you.

In this way it works, but it is strange.

Thanks

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.