Cornerstone 4.8 killed my contact form 7. Revert back to previous version?

I updated to Cornerstone 4.8 and it killed our Contact Form 7 plugin. We can no longer receive forms. Instead, the user gets an error message that says: There was an error trying to send your message. Please try again later.

I need to know if reverting back to the last working version of Cornerstone will restore this issue for us.

I have a previous version from a backup. Version 4.7. Will deleting the current version of Cornerstone and reloading 4.7 do anything bad to our site?

You can look at the form here: https://www.preferredpump.com/test

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, the latest Cornerstone is 2.0.6 which you already have. Please update your X Theme to latest version (5.1.1) too. Remember to clear all caches after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Then test your Contact Form 7 again.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Yes you’re right. I misspoke about what product was version 4.7. Contact Forms 7 was 4.7 and upgrading to Cornerstone 2.0.6 is what caused the issue.

In an attempt to restore full functionality of the forms, the quick fix (while we investigate the code in our spare time) is to restore all assets back to what we know was working. So I ask you, if I were to delete the newest version of Cornerstone (which is installed on my site) through my WP dashboard and revert back to the version that we have in our last backup, would we lose the content of the site? I ask b/c when I deleted Contact Form 7 to reinstall the older version, we lost all forms.

HI There,

Contact Form 7 is compatible with X and Cornerstone and it is recommendable that you keep your site updated. If you need help, please provide your login credentials so we can take a closer look.

If you delete Cornerstone and replace by an older version you also need to replace X with the previous version.

if you use CS 1.33 you need X 4.64, but again, it is recommended to have the latest version.

You won’t lose your pages as the content is saved in the database, not at the plugin files.

Thank you

Hi, I have X The Theme, version 4 and Cornerstone 1.3.3 and Slider Revolution 5.2.6 ARE THEY COMPATIBLE WITH Word Press 4.8.1? Thank you!!!
Denise

Hi @GrazianoAssoc,

Your version of X, CS, and RS are compatible with the latest WP. However you might encounter an incompatibility issues in the future or you might have it now you/we just have not discover it.

You can follow this article for Updating Your Themes and Plugins

If you have further question, please kindly create your own thread as you can not provide us with “Secure Note” in somebody’s thread, additionally thread can easily be drift off and confusing if there is multiple questions on it.

How To Get Support

Thank you,

This matter was resolved only in that we reverted back to a backup of X theme and Contact Form 7, and went into the CF7 php file and re-manipulated the code that was voided when we did an update.

It seems that we are unable to keep our theme up to date during large parts of the year b/c we can’t have our site or our forms down for even a single moment during our busy season. Something I wish you could do is to work with some of the more popular plugin companies closer so that updating your software or theirs doesn’t cause such difficulties.

Hi There,

We have thousands of websites with the latest version of X Cornerstone and Contact Form and no issues reported.

Please clone your site to a staging enviroment so we can help you troubleshot.

Thank you