Cornerstone 4.0.4 Not Saving

Ever since we migrated our website hosting from GoDaddy’s Ultimate Shared to their Enhanced Business hosting Cornerstone has not been functioning properly. Specifically I am unable to save changes to certain pages on my website. On these pages in question I am able to make changes when I‘m in Cornerstone’s edit page mode but when I go to save, the progress bar get to about 99% at the top of the screen but never advances from there. I am forced to quit out to the dashboard having none of my changes saved.

My website is a Wordpress Multi-site Network consisting of 5 sites.
I tried upgrading all plugins, the theme, Wordpress, and the PHP.
Wordpress 5.2.4
X Theme (by themeco) - 4.5.2
PHP – 7.3
Cornerstone – 4.0.4

This is not a plug-in conflict issue, I deactivated all other plug-ins and the problem still persists.

GoDaddy support is unable to help me because they do not touch WP multi-sites. A GoDaddy rep was however able to find this repeating error code after I tried to replicate the issue.

“Depreciated: Function create_function() is depreciated in /home/gazelleg/public_html/main/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/global/admin/meta/setup.php on line 34”

I am only the creative web designer, I am not a technical IT person. I would greatly appreciate any help from someone who is more technically experienced and understands how this stuff works. Thank you.

Hi Doug,

Thank you for those information. I think you are having incompatibility issues. X theme should be updated to version 7.0.4. Please try to update X theme and try again.

Hi Lely,

Thanks for the advice. The only problem is when I go to look at my themes it seems that 4.5.2 is the latest I can go. Meaning I do not see a button asking me to upgrade to anything later than that. Is there another way to get 7.0.4?

Hello Doug,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

I see you have Pro Theme licence but in the ticket it’s mentioned that you are using X Theme 4.5.2. I tried looking at the website url listed in your licence manager and one website is using Pro Theme but the other one is not working. So I am not quite sure which theme other website is using.

Going by the details mentioned in the ticket, you will have to manually update X Theme to latest version as automatic update won’t work considering website is using fairly old version of X Theme. I suggest you to please take a look at following tutorial to manually update X Theme. Please scroll down to manual update section on the relevant instructions:

Thanks.

Hi Prasant,

Thank you for the info!

You are correct I have a Pro license for my company’s sunshineslam.com and jerseydrawshowcase.com. The second of those two domains is no longer of use to us so we let the domain registration expire.

The domain I am working on right now was built several years before my stint here as creative designer (sometime around September 2015). The domain is gazellegroup.com. I do not have any records of any themeco accounts from past designers. Not sure if you have the ability to lookup past accounts but, the designer who would have set up that account for the original X license is Sarah Oskay with email address soskay@gazellegroup.com.

If you can’t look up that old account, does this mean I will need purchase a new license for X in order to perform a manual upgrade?

Hi Doug,

Sorry for the delayed reply, we have a lot of tickets these past days.

Thanks for that information, that’s very accurate, you can unlock the license that is associated with that @sarahoskay account. But since you don’t have access to that account anymore I have unlocked it for you to transfer it to your current account.

Thanks,

Thanks for the account info, but I went ahead and just bought a new license. Unfortunately after following the step-by-step manual theme upgrade guide that Prasant provided, the issues I have are still occurring. X v7.0.4 is now the theme for all of my multi-site network and it still will not save certain pages. I’m out of ideas, is there anything else that should be updated or refreshed? Do you know of any good freelance developers that could help out? This is the most important month for our business and we are unable to update pages.

Hello Doug,

Please provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings and investigate the issue. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you in advance.

Thank you, please see secure note with this post.

Hi Doug,

What edits you’re trying to do on the page? I was able to save my edit on that page you point above with no issue. Please see the secure note.

Please provide us walkthrough on how we can replicate the issue.

And please try removing that Google Code for Remarketing Tag you added on a Classic Raw Content element, that might have been causing the conflict.

Thanks,

Yes, you’re right I was able to find the issue yesterday. I used a debugger plugin to check for error codes comparing a page that could save vs. apage that could not. the page that could not produced an error code like this:

[11-Nov-2019 20:37:48 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 80573 bytes) in /home/gazelleg/public_html/main/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1972

So I went in to my .htaccess and added a line that redefined my memory limit. That fixed the issue.

Thank you to everyone who gave their time to give advice on this issue, the case is now closed!

Cool, thank you for sharing that.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.