Cornerstone 3.2.1 Crashing Site

Hi There,

So the other night I went to update my clients site and noticed that there were updates for X and for cornerstone.
I updated the theme and then went to update Cornerstone 3.1.6 to Cornerstone 3.2.1. After processing for a bit this error showed up on the page…

This page isn’t working
www.mcelroyweddings.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

I cleared the cache a few times and had no results and checked a few different browsers as well.

I then deleted cornerstone using FTP and then reinstalled X, the site is working fine now, but it’s asking me to update again from Cornerstone 3.1.6 to Cornerstone 3.2.1. Which, I did again, and had the same results…so now I"m back to square one.

Suggestions? I’ll send the login information in secret secure note.
Thanks!
Tara

Hi Tara,

Thanks for writing in! Upon testing your issue further, I see that you’re running PHP v5.2.17 on your server which should be the cause of this issue. Could you please ask your hosting provider to update it to PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid incompatibility issues. Some hosting providers allows to switch PHP versions through their control panel, so you can check it before contacting them.

After updating your PHP version, try updating your Cornerstone plugin and re-test this issue again.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

OMG I LOVE YOU GUYS AT X!

That did the trick! Thank you so much for your time and for helping me once again! I should send you guys some beers or something!

Cheers!
Tara

Hi Tara,

Quick update, I believe we found the source of this problem. There was a PHP syntax error uncovered in 3.2.0 (and 3.2.1) that would crash older PHP versions. This has been corrected for 3.2.2

Hi all,
I have the same problem cornerstone crashes my site and I don’t know how to reinstall the old version, can youe help me? I deleted conerstone and deactivated it in plugins, and I copied via ftp the previous directory from local to the server, but how can I find cornerstone in plugins and how to activate it?

Hey @onlinekuebi,

If you’re using the latest version of X, you need to downgrade it first. You can download the latest stable version in your Apex Dashboard. Then in WordPress admin, delete X and reinstall the previous version you just downloaded.

After that, go to X > Validation and X will install the compatible version of Cornerstone for you.

If you want to install manually, you can find the installable Cornerstone zip file (cornerstone.zip) under x/framework/plugins folder in X.

If you’re still having trouble, please open a separate thread and give us WP Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

Hey Christian,
many thanks for your answer, now my site is working normally again
best regards

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.