Cornerstone 2.1.3 - NOT WORKING wahtsoever

I unfortunately have updated to the latest version and it doesn’t work whatsoever.

I have deactivated every plugin and just left cornerstore and under-construction and the custom Under Construction Page doesn’t show.

There are a lot more issues w/ this new version - How can I get back to the old version untill all these issues are sorted?

Use a custom Under Construction Page:

Without custom page it works. Any content that is made by Cornerstone 2.1.3 doesn’t work.

Experiencing this too, would love an answer. What a disaster this update is.

1 Like

I updated to Cornerstone 2.1.3 today and it seems to be working ok. Thankfully!

Last week I updated to Cornerstone 2.1.2 and it did not work at all. Only pages with non-Cornerstone content would display. A difference for me was I couldn’t find Cornerstone in my plugins at all.

I followed these steps to start again.

1: Deactivate and delete X
2: Make sure you don’t have a “cornerstone” folder within your wp-content/plugins folder via FTP.
3: Download the latest copy of X via your Apex dashboard
4: Upload the zip via your wp-admin > appearance > themes > add new > upload
5: Upload and activate.
6: The latest Cornerstone will now automatically install and you should be back up and running.

This worked for me with 2.1.2. Maybe you could try that while you’re waiting for help.

all ready did it

Hello,

We recommend you have the latest version of X and Cornerstone, if you would like help troubleshooting what is happening, please provide your login credentials in a secure note.

If you would like to downgrade please follow the same steps as explained above by @mattros, but instead of downloading the latest version from your Apex Dashboard, download the stability release. The link is just below X download link.

Hope it helps

Has this been updated and fixed? I’m afraid to update now

Ive re-uploaded my backup and haven’t updated so far - Gonna wait until someone says its fixed

Hi @jcdeen

Please be more specific to what issue you are referring to, Cornerstone and Pro builder new version do work well, there are still some minor bugs which are being patched and major issues are usually related to individual installations and their setups.

Please open a new thread, describe your issue and post your URL in order that we can help.

Thanks!

@jcdeen - I updated now and the problems are huge. Pleas wait with your updates.

@rfcctba, @chrisrike, @jcdeen and @ae-concept

Please see this important article about updating your theme and plugins. Update issues are not unique to X and Cornerstone but to WordPress as a whole. The best practice is you should test any update in a staging copy of your site first because major updates might have breaking changes. Also, the cause of issues are mostly from caching and CDN so it’s best you turn those off before updating.

Here are additional solutions you could try:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Contact your web host to increase your allocated memory and max execution time.

If you still are experiencing issues, please open your separate thread as the cause of the issue might be unique on your end. In the separate thread, give us WP Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note and post a link to this thread for reference.

Thanks.

Hi @christian_y,

Thanks for the articles - It worked - I uploaded the zip file instead of doing via the dashboard.

BUT I still having a lot of PHP issues such as when I add a new page or try add a sidebar w/ widget.

Please have a look ta my posts.

Thanks
Ra

Hi there,

You mean your other post from another thread, I can see that but let’s discuss in on your other thread. Plus, those aren’t errors but just warning and they usually appear when you enable debugging (eg. WP_DEBUG). Please try setting your WP_DEBUG under wp-config.php back to false.

Thanks!

Hi @Rad

WP_DEBUG is false, My security plugin let me know if there is a error happening.

I have been getting errors since the new update.
Any time that a template is changed, the page is not updated on pages that were done w/ older conerstore.

all the errors are in this post:

Hi there,

Those aren’t errors but just warning. If your WP_DEBUG is false but you have security plugin that logs those warning, then it’s just the same thing.

And it’s a bit confusing since you have multiple threads about this issue, can we discuss this on your other thread and provide a video recording as a visual guide to what you’re getting? I went ahead and checked it and I don’t see those warnings anywhere, a bit of guidance is much appreciated :slight_smile:

Plus, I don’t have this issue on my installation so I can’t rule out that it’s due to updates. I’ll have to gather information first and see what’s going on. Please provide your FTP login credentials as well in your other thread.

Thanks!

hi @Rad

Thanks for taking the time to look into it. We can discuss it at - post link

Since all the details are there (login and errors).

I will upload a video there too
thanks

Thanks @rfcctba . Use that thread for further communication.